Chapter 55: Amends

Damon’s POV

It had been a week since I told off Adrianna about the baby. She wasn’t talking to me and did her absolute best to avoid me, which she was really good at because I hadn’t seen her since then. I always tried to find her but she came when I left the house and she left before I arrived. It was madness not seeing her. I constantly worried about her, although Elena assured me that she was taking care of her. I tried asking Elena to see if I could talk to her, but she wouldn’t budge. I had time to think about what I said to her and I realized how I was the bad guy in this. All I wanted to do was apologize to her. Face to face.

Adrianna’s POV

 It had been a week since Damon said those hurtful things to me. I decided to punish him in the worst way which was not seeing me. Although my plan did backfire when I started to miss the damn guy. I had done a pretty successful job of completely avoiding him, which hurt because I just missed everything about him. Elena has been looming over me, making sure he doesn’t make any contact with me in any way. I overheard him and Elena having a conversation one time…

Flashback

 “What the hell do you mean I can’t see her Elena? She’s my girlfriend!” I heard Damon yell.

I was in Elena’s room reading a book. She and Damon were just outside the door. “She doesn’t want anything to do with you right now. She’s still hurt by what you said!” Elena responded.

“Are those her words or are they yours? I just wanna talk to her for 5 minutes. Please.” He pleaded.

I could hear the sincerity in his voice as he said it. He really did mean it. “No Damon.” Elena said before opening the door.

I looked up as she opened, but she closed it so fast that I couldn’t see him fast enough. The only thing I saw was the brightness of his eyes. That mesmerizing light blue that couldn’t be compared to anything I’ve ever seen.

And that’s when he saw me.

 Adrianna’s POV

 After seeing him, I realized just how much I needed to talk to him. To hold him. To touch him. That’s when I devised a plan.

 Damon’s POV

 "Yeah okay Elena. I’m kinda busy right now, I’ll have to call you back.” I said to Elena as I hung up the phone.

I was walking in the woods trying to find the person that sent me here. It nighttime and this person said it was the best time to meet them. I walked a little more until I came to a small clearing. There she was.

I stepped on a twig and that caused her to turn around in surprise. She looked well and still beautiful.

“Look Adrianna, I’m so sorry for…”

Before I could finish she ran up to me and hugged me. “I missed you so much.” She whispered.

I wrapped my arms around her too, taking in her scent. She smelled the same, but there was something slightly different. Probably the scent of the new person growing inside of her.

“I missed you too. Addy, I really am sorry for what I said. I didn’t mean…”

“Yes you did Damon. It’s okay though. You had the right to be mad and I already forgave you, but I’m not getting an abortion. I just want your support. It would mean the most to me.” She said.

“I fully support you with this…going to have an original vampire’s baby thing…I just want you to be happy.” I replied.

That made her smile. I grabbed her face and met her lips with mine.

“Thank you so much.” She said.

“Anything for you Adrianna.” I told her.