Summary

Hi! So imma be straight with you. I was just going through Pinterest and reading some fanfics when I suddenly wanted to start writing my own au for MDZS. 

This story is about how I think the MDZS world would turn out if certain characters didn't die and certain main events didn't happen.

Loooong~ Story, please proceed with caution, we're not even halfway through.

I'm adding this in here as a warning. This story will contain sensitive topics and at times will be graphic. I have added warnings to these chapters as well, but if you are not okay reading these topics then please don't. This won't be consistent throughout the chapters, there will be fluff as well as angst. But in the beginning, when you are getting to know some of the characters, it will be very angst heavy.  

Now...

Characters/Sects:
(Some of the ages aren't accurate to the novel)

Yiling Demon Clan:

Wei Wuxian/Wei Ying/Yiling Patriarch (36)- "Leader" of the "clan". He actually just went around collecting children who were in rough shape and offered to take care of them. Out of the ones he helped, 3 of them asked to stay and study the demonic arts alongside Wei Ying's son, as Wei Ying's disciples.

Wei Yuan/Wei Sizhui (16)- After being officially adopted by Wei Wuxian at 4 years old, a lot of his father's habits have worn off on Wei Yuan. Like flirting with literally everyone absentmindedly. Or causing a little havoc everywhere he goes. He's a lot sneakier about it though because he learned from everyone else's mistakes.

Wen Ning/Ghost General (35)- Wen Ning isn't that different to the original, apart from the fact that he has a large arsenal of swear words under his belt, courtesy of Wei Wuxian, and won't really take shit from anyone except his sister, clan leader and occasionally his nephew.

Wen Qing (40)- She lives quietly, coming up with more and more ways to heal people. She also helps Wei Ying take care of his disciples and is pretty much everyone's strict but kind auntie. Occasionally she will leave Yiling to travel and share her knowledge with other doctors. Mo Xuanyu has taken a particular interest in her work and will jump at the opportunity to help her.

Xue Yang (19)- Wei Ying found Xue Yang when the boy was 10 years old. The boy was rude at first, but eventually opened up to Wei Ying and let him take him back to Yiling. While there Wei Ying taught Xue Yang to control his temper and impulses. Xue Yang was very greatful and swore that he would stay in Yiling to repay his debt. In the end he became a big part of the family and never ended up leaving.

Mo Xuanyu (19)- Wei Ying found him after he ran away from Lanling when he was 13. He was bullied relentlessly for obviously crushing on other male disciples until he had enough. When Wei Wuxian took him in Mo Xuanyu didn't expect him to be so nice, especially because he was Jin Zixuan's half-brother, a cut-sleeve and had very little in terms of power. Despite this everyone at Yiling treated him with kindness and he never ended up leaving.

A-Qing (17)- She was the last one to be taken in by Wei Ying. She was 14 at the time and had just stolen his (almost empty) coin pouch, only to be tackled a few seconds later by a very irritated Xue Yang. Xue Yang the yelled at her for a while until Wei Ying stopped him and asked if A-Qing wanted to come back to their home with them. She accepted and never looked back.

Gusu Lan Clan

Lan Wangji/Lan Zhan/Hanguang-jun (38)- He spent many years contemplating going to see Wei Ying at Yiling until eventually he gave in and visited (under the context of working) almost exactly every 6 months.