Wangxian (Pt.2)

"It's been killing me these past few days. Its just constant work. The kids have only just got back, so its gotten easier, but I can't wait for Wen Ning and Wen Qing to return." Wei Ying said after his 3rd cup of tea.

Ideally he'd like to have a jar or two of alcohol in front of him, but he wasn't about to start day drinking when there was so much work to get done. Though... No he couldn't.

Lan Zhan had listened to him ramble for almost an hour. Mostly about how there were no leads and how sects had to report such boring things. He did perk up now and then, when he remembered rather amusing reports from the Jiang sect and told Lan Zhan about them.

In all honesty, Wei Ying was just happy to be away. Especially with Lan Zhan. It was a very much needed break.

Lan Zhan felt a similar way. They were also investigating back at Gusu and though he would never say it in front of his uncle, he much preferred spending time with Wei Ying. But how could he make Wei Ying understand that?

They sat there sipping tea in silence for a few minutes. Wei Ying still thinking about how lucky he was that Lan Zhan had come to save him for a bit, and Lan Zhan still pondering, serene faced, quietly.

"Say, Lan Zhan. Would you like to go to the market with me?" Wei Ying asked after a few moments longer.

The older man stated across at him. Taking in the easy grin and laugh lines. His long hair, black robes. He really couldn't get enough of looking at him every time they were together. He smiled ever so gently.

"Yes." Was all he said and that was all he needed to say. Wei Ying's smile grew, before he downed the last of his cup and slammed it down on the table.

Lan Zhan was slightly more graceful as he finished his tea. Though he too did it in haste. Spending more time with Wei Ying was all he wanted. All he ever wanted. Even if it was a second longer than expected, it was still a blessing for him.

As two of them left Golden Brew Tea House the sun was high in the sky, though it was still somewhat cold. Spring wasn't far away. They could see the trees starting to regain their colour and the last frost melting away. 

Spring... Wei Ying let out a soft sigh. The season always reminded him of bright colours and romance. The delicate flowers especially reminded him of Yanli, though not in a negative way. Spring was just her season. He was fond of looking back and remembering how she glowed amongst all the pretty insects and foliage.

The arrival of spring also meant another thing. Hard Training. Wei Ying and the other sects had the three months of spring to whip their disciples into shape, and get them ready for the annual archery tournament. From what he had heard, the tournaments were far different than the ones he competed in back when he was a teen. Well, at least it was for the sect leaders. Wei Ying didn't know because he hadn't attended one before.

"Wei Ying." Lan Zhan said, gently calling the man out of his thoughts.

"Yes?" Wei Ying answered feeling slightly dazed at having been called upon somewhat suddenly.

"We're here."

Wei Ying looked around, realising as he did that they were at the market. People bustled up and down, some stopping at stalls or to watch street performances. A few Wens were dotted in the crowed. Even some other cultivators were looking around as they passed through Yiling; Those who weren't afraid The Demonic Clan would murder and eat them.

He looked up at Lan Zhan who was waiting patiently for him to speak. It only then occurred to him that Lan Zhan might have never actually been to the Yiling market before. Which was awful! Yiling was vastly gaining fame because of how incredible it was. Not many places sold stuff like this, nor did they have performances quite like this or sold this much alcohol. 

"Lan Zhan, have you been to the market before?" Wei Ying asked.

"No." Lan Zhan answered. His face the picture of serenity, despite the fact that Wei Ying was now gaping at him.

"What was the point in coming to Yiling all these times and not seeing the market!?" Wei Ying exclaimed.

Lan Zhan just smiled very gently and watched the younger man. His black hair, his black and red robes, his kind but fierce eyes.

"To see Wei Ying..."