Xiao-Gege (Pt.13)

"A-Sang A-Sang no! Get away from him!" 

Jiang Cheng screams as he tries to get off the floor. But Huaisang doesn't move or look at him or speak. The song had called his name. Xiao-gege had him. Jiang Cheng had lost him again. The man in purple gasped with pain as every movement he made felt like his bones were breaking. Whatever Xiao-gege had done to him was effective.

Xiao-gege walked over to Huaisang, running a hand over the Nie sect leaders delicate cheek with a sick and twisted grin on his face. Huaisang didn't finch, his eyes glowed green. They way he looked at Xiao-gege with pure devotion made Jiang Cheng sick.

Behind him Wei Ying stirred, barely lifting his head enough to see the situation. Four of the most powerful cultivators in their clans, taken down as if it was nothing. A demon like this was unlike anything he had seen before.

"Hanguang-jun?"

His voice is hoarse from pain as he crawls his way over to the white clad man and checks his neck for a pulse. Lan Zhan's face is pale , his robes for more stained that Wei Ying remembers, but thankfully his is still breathing. Upon feeling the touch upon his skin, Lan Zhan's eyes open, soft and light, but still very much the pale colour they always were. The sight makes Wei Ying release a sigh of relief. His hands find Lan Zhan's wound and he puts pressure on it, smiling apologetically when the older man flinches slightly.

"This is an interesting little toy." Xiao-gege says, instantly snapping everyone's attention to him. "Not as strong as I would like, but certainly someone who can make an impact."

He walks behind Huaisang and takes a handful of his hair letting the soft strands run between his fingers before he suddenly leans in and grabs Huaisang's neck from behind. Jiang Cheng screams and tries to get up, stumbling from the exhaustion and pain in his body. Xiao-gege laughs in amusement.

"Quite, the impact..." A black tongue rolls over yellow teeth and green eyes glow wide with excitement and enjoyment. Xiao-gege leans into Huaisang's ear, making sure to keep his eyes on Jiang Cheng's as he breaths the words into Huaisang's ear.
"Destroy them..."

For the first time since any of them have ever known him, Nie Huaisang springs into action. His long delicate hair flailing behind him as he runs with claws bared at Jiang Cheng still on the floor. Xiao-gege cackles in the background.

Jiang Cheng tries to get up, tries to back away, or somehow stop one of his closets friends from reaching him to attack him. But he can't, he can't make his body move. All he can do is watch as Huaisang... His Huaisang comes at him with murder in his eyes. And Jiang Cheng accepts that this is the way he'll go out. Only that doesn't happen. Huaisang's hands never meet Jiang Cheng's heart, because they get interrupted by chains and the dark form of a dead man in black and red robes.

"Didn't think I'd have to save your ass again, Master Jiang." Wen Ning says over his shoulder as Huaisang falls to the floor under his chains.

"Prick..." Jiang Cheng sighs, but he still accepts the hand offered to help him get up.

In the distance, he sees the young demon clan girl helping Wei Ying support Lan Zhan to get them both away from Xiao-gege. While off to the side Wen Qing is dragging Zixuan's limp form away. However Jiang Cheng is more interested in the boy with the ponytail, going off on Xiao-gege.

"That kid-"

"A-Yang is lethal when nothing is holding him back." Wen Ning answers before Jiang Cheng can even ask the question and he quickly helps Jiang Cheng away, with Huaisang's body under his arm, while Xue Yang keeps Xiao-gege distracted.

"Not so fucking hard when half of your little toys are knocked out, now are we? You fucking bitch!" Xue Yang yells, swinging down with both his and Xuanyu's swords in constant slashes, not even giving Xiao-gege a chance to do more than defend.

Jiang Cheng watches in mild amazement. The kid was holding him own against a monster that took out four sect leaders and Hanguang-jun. But he also notices that what Xue Yang says is true. Xiao-gege is slower and Wei Ying's words from earlier come back to him.   

'Anything you do to the puppets will effect Xiao-gege. If you take out one, Xiao-gege will get weaker...'

he was sure there were more details the that, like the more puppet Xiao-gege had, the less affected the demon was. But the gist was there. Xiao-gege was weaker.

Xue Yang doesn't let up. Rage consumes him because this is the monster that is trying to take Xuanyu and everyone else Xue Yang cares about away from him. This is the demon that is trying to destroy the peaceful lives they have. This is the demon that will inevitably be blamed on them. It must be destroyed. He will break it.

The scraping of metal from sword blades hitting chains meet the ears of the others. Wei Ying glances back feeling slightly concerned that a single one of his disciples is fighting such a horrible monster. but he trusts Xue Yang... well he trusts Xue Yang's bloodlust to see the situation through.

"You okay?" Wen Qing kneels down next to Wei Ying and inspects the wounds on his body from his resentment creatures turning on him.

"Been better..." Wei Ying mumbles, glancing over to Lan Zhan who has A-Qing putting pressure on his wound and Zixuan who is very slowly waking up from his head wound.

Wen Ning and Jiang Cheng join them seconds later, with Huaisang's form limp under Wen Ning's arm.

"Take it the pressure point worked?" Wen Qing asks while ripping the bottom of her robes to wrap them around some of Wei Ying's deeper wounds.

"Like a charm. He'll be out for awhile." Wen Ning nods, he exchanges a glance with Wei Ying, before shooting back out to help Xue Yang, just as a loud bang rings out and the boy gets sent flying into the trunk of the juniors' willow tree.

"Be honest, how strong is that thing?" Wen Qing asks to the group as she turns to check on Jiang Cheng and Huaisang.

"We can't find a weakness, except using pure power against it." Wei Ying answers with a sigh.

"It's been taken out before. Nothing is undefeatable." Wen Qing mutters with a frown of thought on her face.