A Yunmeng Reunion (Pt.2)

Jin Ling jumped on Jingyi and wrapped an arm around his neck, while the Lan boy wobbled at the sudden impact.

"I. Told. You. To. Stop. Call-ING. Me. That!" Jin Ling growled through gritted teeth.

"Ne-ver!" Jingyi choked definitely.

The two boys fought for awhile. Both Hanguang-jun and Wei Wuxian watched them with worried eyes, but the other two boys could tell it was all in good fun. Jin Ling was smiling from where he was clinging onto Jingyi's back and the latter didn't seem ay all bothered by the other boy's weight.

Jingyi suddenly made a movement like he was going to throw Jin Ling over his shoulders and he squealed. Wei Yuan and Zizhen both bursted out laughing at the weird noise.

They were too busy laughing and fighting to realise two people were approaching.

"Jin Ling is that any way to greet guests? What is your father teaching you?" Said a deep, cool voice.

"Now now Jiang Cheng. He's probably excited to see his friends." A slightly higher, warmer voice chimed.

Jin Ling slid off of Jingyi's back and looked down at the floor while chewing his cheek.

"Nie-xiong! I wasn't expecting you to be here!" Wei Ying suddenly said and approached the two sect leaders.

"Oh I'm just here to discuss boring nonsense. I don't mean to intrude on you visit." Nie Huaisang said from behind his fan.

"If I thought you were intruding, I wouldn't have said it was okay for you to come, Huaisang." Jiang Cheng sighed and Nie Huaisang laughed and fanned his face.

Wei Yuan and Zizhen exchanged a look, not really knowing how to react to sect leader Jiang's words. He never really seemed like the type to have close friends.

After a few more brief words, Jiang Cheng lead the group inside and had Jin Ling show his friends to their rooms.

The second the adults were out of earshot the four boys began messing around and laughing wildly.

Despite feeling nervous earlier, Wei Yuan now felt comfortable in the presence of his friends. When they made it to Jin Ling's room the boy opened the door and a large black dog bounded out.

"Fairy!" Zizhen yelled happily as the dog made her way straight for him and almost knocked him over.

"No fair! Why do you have to be her favourite?" Jingyi whined and Zizhen laughed evilly.

"Because I'm the best!"

"You're definitely something." Wei Yuan joked.

"Yeah, taller than you." Zizhen shot back making the other two cackle. Wei Yuan sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"That was quick." He chuckled.

---<~>---

Jin Ling then lead the boys to there rooms, but refused to let them unpack. It was a warm day, one of the few they got during the cold winters. Jin Ling didn't want to let them waste it. He rushed through the tour and practically dragged them out of the building. Both Jingyi and Zizhen seemed just as excited as him as they all ran out of Lotus Pier and through a small forest.

Wei Yuan smiled at his friends' laughter and Fairy's happy barking. It made his heart feel light when he was around them. It made him happy.

Eventually they made it to a clearing and Wei Yuan froze where he stood. Staring out at the sight in front of him. It was a huge body of water. Some spots were covered in a thick blanket of purple, white and pink flowers that occasionally made ripples in the clear water. It was like glass... He could see the stone bottom in great detail, but that wasn't the most amazing part for Wei Yuan. He had seen sparkling, clear water before. What completely stunned him was the beauty of its unusual colour.

"You didn't tell me the water was purple..." Wei Yuan breathed as the surface sparked like diamonds when Fairy jumped in.

"Oh yeah, the water is purple." Jin Ling replied lazily.

He and the others were already stripping down to their trousers in preparation for getting in. their robes were thrown around wildly, but none of them cared much. Once he was finished Jingyi made his way over to Wei Yuan and tapped him softly.

"You should get out of your robes Sizhui, you don't want them getting wet." He said, smiling cheerily at the older boy.

Wei Yuan his stomach clench a little at his words. He hadn't thought about that. It's not that he was self conscious. He knew he had a nice physique and he was aware that he was attractive. He was actually quite proud of these facts. However there was one thing that did bother him about his body and that was the massive scars that literally covered it.

They were like lightning you see in the sky. Starting with a massive entry point just under where his heart was and spread all over Wei Yuan's body. When he wore clothes they were hardly noticeable or were mistaken for veins, especially when they turned black. However when he wasn't wearing clothes the true extent of his old injuries was something that couldn't go unnoticed. He was worried what his friends would say when they saw them. Scars were normal, but Wei Yuan knew that his were different. They were creepy even for him.

Both Jin Ling and Jingyi had already jumped into the water by the time Wei Yuan got to his final layer. His hands were shaking slightly as he pulled off the fabric. Zizhen was sitting at the edge of the water, playing with Fairy while he waited for Wei Yuan to finish. Wei Yuan stood there for a few moments, just watching the water sparkle as Zizhen gently paddled his feet. 

Subconsciously he folded his arms around his body as he made his way over and took a seat next to the older boy. Zizhen smiled at him when he noticed him and Wei Yuan smiled back. Zizhen then slipped into the water and waded his way out to where Jin Ling waited. Wei Yuan quickly followed suit. The cool breeze being just a little too cold for his bare back to handle.

The second he plopped into the water an amazed laughed escaped his lips. The water was far warmer than he had expected. Especially since there was absolutely no steam coming off of it. For a moment he completely forgot about his concerns and just played with the sparking purple water. He the made his way over to the others. Still transfixed.

After a few seconds he beamed up at his friends only to realise that they were all staring at him. They didn't see scared of him. Which was a relief actually Wei Yuan couldn't tell if they were staring at his scars or checking him out. The thought made him smirk. He couldn't not tease them...   

"Like what you see?" He asked and all three of them turned bright red. Jingyi snorted a little and turned his face away while Jin Ling started spluttering.

"That's not-" He tried to say but quickly fell silent his mouth moving like a fish.

"It's okay Rulan, I know I'm hot, you can stare." Wei Yuan winked at him as he began floating on his back. If possible Jin Ling turned an even brighter shade of red.

"I wasn't-" He tried again but still couldn't get the words out. Jingyi was howling with laughter at the boy's hopelessness, but Zizhen hadn't said anything. 

Wei Yuan stole a glance at him only to find him still watching him. He cleared his throat slightly and called the older boy's name.

"Zizhen?" Zizhen blinked a few times and met Wei Yuan's eyes with something Wei Yuan couldn't quite place behind his eyes.

"What?" Zizhen asked like he hadn't been doing anything.

"Did you zone out or something?" Wei Yuan asked. It was Zizhen's turn to smirk this time and he leaned in as Wei Yuan floated near him.

"You said I could stare didn't you?" He whispered into the boy's ear and Wei Yuan felt shock take over his system.

All buoyancy he had had for floating disappeared. His face turned almost as red as Jin Ling's and splashed around madly, trying not to sink.

"Holy shit! You broke him!" Jingyi yelled as Wei Yuan practically drowned. Zizhen laughed proudly at finally making Wei Yuan blush, not even bothering to help the floundering boy.

"What the fuck did you say to him!?" Jin Ling asked in amazement as he swam over to help. 

"Oh nothing important." Zizhen chuckled, but winked at the still struggling Wei Yuan.