Wei To Go Again (Pt.13)

Wei Yuan coughed as he choked on the flour Jingyi and Jin Ling were throwing around. Lan Xichen had gone for only a few minutes, but the two boys couldn't stop themselves from starting an argument over what flavours they should use.

"You Lans are so bland!" Jin Ling exclaimed as he took shelter behind a dish when Jingyi launched flour at him.

"No you Jins just like to make everything salty!" Jingyi retorted.

Jin Ling scoffed and rolled his eyes grabbing a fistful of flour and running at Jingyi. The Lan boy squealed and hid behind Zizhen who was covered in the powder due to being caught in the cross fire. It was quite amusing to watch him just stand there with a defeated face as the younger boys ran around him.

"Guys please," He tried to reason. "Zewu-jun will be back soon!"

They both ignored him and made their way over to where A-Yuan was standing. He tried to back away from them. Not wanting to end up covered in flour like Zizhen. 

"Stop running!" Jin Ling yelled as Jingyi grabbed A-Yuan by the shoulders and used him like a shield. Ah shit... 

"Don't drag me into this!" He yelped as Jin Ling tried to jump over him to get to Jingyi. It was like he wasn't even there!

"Young mistress Jin! Look at the mess you're making! Our poor friends are covered!" Jingyi teased and Jin Ling barked out a laugh.

"Oh well!" He shouted and as if to prove a point he threw the flour in his hand at Jingyi but it landed in A-Yuan's face. 

The boy blinked and spat out the little bit that had gone into his mouth as Jin Ling and Jingyi ran to the other side of the room. Zizhen was cackling madly from where he stood and pointed at Wei Yuan with tears in his eyes.

"Oh you think this is funny!?" Wei Yuan smirked and scooped a little powder off of his shoulder and made his way towards the older boy.

"Wait no! Sizhui!" He squealed but was cut off when powder landed in his mouth. He spluttered for a few seconds and then glared at him. "You're dead!"

He grabbed two fist fulls of flour and ran at Wei Yuan who chuckled and quickly dashed away. Zizhen didn't miss the opportunity to strike when the boy's back was turned and threw a handful after him. It missed and hit Jin Ling who was still chasing Jingyi. He coughed and Jingyi doubled over with laughter.

"Holy shit! I can't breath!" He wheezed, but in that same moment he two got a face full of flower from Jin Ling and began sneezing. "Ah! Young Mistress! That went up my nose!" 

"Stop calling me that!"

"Okay Rulan." Wei Yuan smirked but yelped when Jin Ling threw flour at him too.

"Stop calling me that too!"

"It's your fucking name!" Wei Yuan shouted and grabbed some flour to sprinkle over Jin Ling, but the younger boy quickly darted away only to be caught by Zizhen.

"Zizhen!" He wailed, but the other boy grinned evilly at him. It would've seemed intimidating if his face wasn't covered in flour. 

Wei Yuan approached them and Jin Ling struggled in Zizhen's grip. His face was bright red and every now and then he would smile when he caught a glimpse at either of them. Jingyi was wheezing behind them as Wei Yuan stood tall of the Jin boy and held up his hands full of powder.

"Sizhui please!" Jin Ling begged with a half hearted smile.

"Make him suffer the wrath!" Zizhen called from where he held Jin Ling. Wei Yuan grinned and let the flour fall as Jin Ling made overexerted wails of defeat.

Just the the door opened and the tall Lan sect leader re-entered the now flour covered room. In his hands were some vegetables, but when he saw the mess and the state the boys were in his mouth fell open in surprise.

Wei Yuan saw Jingyi cover his mouth in an attempt not to start laughing again and felt his own lips curl. Zizhen quickly let go of Jin Ling and tried to brush off the flour from his robes while Jin Ling looked down at the floor.

"What-"

"Jingyi started it!" Jin Ling cut off the man and Wei Yuan actually did start laughing at the look of betrayal on Jingyi's face.

"Only because you called me bland!" Jingyi retorted and Lan Xichen sighed.

"Just clean it up..." He said softly and the four boys all quickly obliged.

---<~>---

By the time they were finished cleaning and then cooking, with the help of Lan Xichen, most of the day had already passed so the four of them decided to save their food and have their picnic the next day.

They waved goodbye to Lan Xichen at the kitchen. Jingyi even gave the man a quick hug and then the four of them made their way back to their rooms.

"Zizhen!" Wei Yuan called as they reached the half way point and the older boy turned to look at him curiously.

"Yeah?" He quirked an eyebrow.

Jingyi and Jin Ling were a little further ahead of them bickering about something new, but that was normal. It was almost like their way of bonding with each other. Wei Yuan took a step closer to Zizhen who shuffled nervously. Wei Yuan didn't pay much attention to this and carefully reached up to pull a clump of flower out of his fringe. He held it up to show the older boy.

"Just wanted to get this out. It'll turn into paste if you wash it out." He explained and Zizhen nodded a little too vigorously.

"Th-Thanks..." He mumbled and looked down at the floor. Wei Yuan smirked to himself when he saw the pink twinge on the boy's cheeks, but acted like nothing had happened when they caught up with the other two.

"Stop making your dog sound smarter then me! I'm not an idiot!" Jingyi whined as Jin Ling rolled his eyes.

"Sure, and chickens don't lay eggs." He scoffed and Jingyi glared at him.

"Pompous princess."

"Shorty." 

"Oh that's it!"

Jingyi wrapped an arm around Jin Ling's neck and proceeded to ruffle his hair in the same way Xue Yang would do to A-Yuan. The older boy chuckled as Jin Ling tried to escape Jingyi's strong arms. 

"Do you two ever stop?" He laughed and Zizhen huffed tiredly next to him.

"Never..." He said and Wei Yuan laughed harder. Those two really were a handful.