Wei To Go Again (Pt.6)

Because of what he did to Jin Chan, Jingyi was told to write out all of the Lan rules everyday, until the other disciples finished their studies at Gusu. He was also told he had to run errands for the clan elders for this time too. It left very little time for him to spend time with Jin Ling and Zizhen.

Jin Zixuan had been summoned to Gusu after the incident. He seemed extremely angry until Jin Ling explained the situation to him and he found out what Jin Chan was planning to do. He left that same day, taking Jin Chan with him. Before he left he nodded at Jingyi to show that he wasn't all that upset at him, which made the boy feel relieved. That was until Lan Qiren found out.

He originally planned on having Jingyi whipped several times, but Zewu-jun and Hanguang-jun stopped him. Now he was sitting in front of the latter while he meditated and Jingyi was writing out several of the same lines. To his surprise Wei Yuan was also there, writing out the rules along with Jingyi.

Apparently Lan Qiren didn't appreciate the fact that he had used demonic cultivation, even though it saved several people's lives. Many people protested when he said he was going to punish the boy, but the old man didn't listen. Like many of the others, Jingyi thought this was cruel, but Wei Yuan didn't seem to have any fight in him after the battle and just accepted his punishment.

The three of them sat there in silence. Jingyi hated it. Unlike most of the other Lans, silence made Jingyi feel extremely uneasy. To combat this he began to tap a small beat on the table with his fingers at he wrote, but it didn't last long because Wei Yuan placed his hand over his to stop him. Jingyi looked up at him in mild surprise.

"Oh sorry! Force of habit." Jingyi shot him a small smile and pulled his hand away.

"It's alright." Wei Yuan said softly and turned back to his writing.

Jingyi stared at him for a few moments. Taking advantage of how close they were to examine the boy's handsome features. He was really nice to look at... As he stared Jingyi noticed that some of his jade earrings had cracks and chunks missing, but each of them was wonderfully carved. Just then Wei Yuan's eyes fluttered closed for a few seconds before they opened again and focused back in on his page. He was probably tired.

Jingyi didn't know how long he watched the other boy, but it was certainly more entertaining than writing and Hanguang-jun hadn't noticed yet because he was still meditating. It wouldn't hurt to stare a little longer, right? Just as he thought it Wei Yuan turned his head in his direction and smirked at him.

"Don't smile without reason, remember? Or have you not reached that part yet?" He leaned over to look at Jingyi's paper and Jingyi couldn't tell it he was pressing himself so close, to the point he could feel the other boy's hair on his neck, on purpose or not, but either way Jingyi's ears burned.

"Look at your own page." Jingyi muttered and gently pushed Wei Yuan away, but the boy's grin only got bigger.

"You were the one looking at me first." He pointed out and Jingyi felt his chest tighten. Just then Hanguang-jun opened his eyes and peered over at them and then out of the window.

"You are dismissed." He said plainly and proceed to walk away. The two boys stared after him as he disappeared, both unfazed by how abrupt he was. Jingyi had been doing punishments with Hanguang-jun for years, so he was used to it and Wei Yuan had been doing this for the past week so it didn't bother him either.

Jingyi gathered his things quickly, knowing his friends were probably waiting for him outside. But as he made his way to the door a thought struck him. He turned to look at the other boy, who was taking his time to pack up. He didn't have any friends here... and he had been targeted from day one.

Jingyi often wondered what possessed him to come to Gusu in the first place. It was common knowledge that Wei Wuxian didn't enjoy his time here that much and that the cultivating world didn't approve of their methods dispite them being around for a decade now. It couldn't have been because Hanguang-jun had personally asked him or adults had forced him to come. Jingyi had seen on multiple occasions were Wei Yuan would stand up for himself in those situations. So, why was he here? Why had he come here if he didn't know anyone?

Then it struck Jingyi. He did know people! He knew them! At first Jingyi thought he wanted nothing to do with them because he had avoided them and denied their help when he was being targeted. But during their days recovering at Yiling, Wei Yuan, Jingyi and the other two boys had gotten along well. They even seemed to get along at Carp Tower. Then they left Yiling without a word and didn't talk for a month. Was that why Wei Yuan seemed so distant? Why they had all put a rift between themselves? Because it was awkward!? Jingyi felt ashamed!

"Sizhui," He called to the boy, who looked up at him. "Let's walk back to our rooms together." Jingyi suggested with a genuine smile. Wei Yuan seemed confused for a second, but his grinned back and hurriedly finished packing up before making his way over to Jingyi.

"Sure." He agreed.

The two exited the library together and a little further along the path they were greeted by Jin Ling and Zizhen. They both seemed a little taken aback to see Wei Yuan, but when the boy greeted them happily they instantly relaxed and acted as if nothing was different.

---<~>---

From that day on Wei Yuan became a part of their little group. It was like he had always been there. It only took them a week to get used to the way he jokingly flirted with them. Zizhen and Jingyi would sometimes do it back just to catch him off, but it never worked. Jin Ling didn't though. Poor kid just flushed a bright red colour and called him silly names. They all found it hilarious.

After another 2 weeks, Wei Yuan stopped going to punishments with Jingyi, which he found boring, but the other boy would always wait for him with the other two. They often snuck into each other's rooms at night, just to talk and drink some of the emperor's smile Wei Yuan would smuggle in.

They would mess around in class when Lan Qiren wasn't looking. They would sneak off the mountain to hunt pheasants when no one was looking. Jingyi just watched as Zizhen and Wei Yuan marvelled over Jin Ling's excellent aim, he didn't like hunting much. he did enjoy when Wei Yuan challenged Zizhen to a small battle as a joke and got his ass handed to him. When everyone first came to Gusu, Jin Ling and Jingyi placed bets on which one of them would win in a fight. Jingyi won obviously.

One night Wei Yuan even convinced a Zizhen to pierce his ear for him, while they were drunk. It did not end well, Zizhen missed the ear completely and stabbed himself in the finger with the needle. Que Jin Ling and Jingyi rolling with laughter as Wei Yuan tries to calm him down and explain that he's not going to die from a needle prick.

Despite the ups and downs of the first few weeks, Jingyi was pretty sure they would all look back on their time together fondly. And he promised himself that once this was over he would make sure they all met up regularly, so they didn't drift apart. He loved his friends... They were like the family he never had.

------
Heh... I don't think any of you are going to like what I'm gonna do in the next few chapters lol...
This is just a heads up ;)