Wei To Go Again (Pt.12)

"Is this a porn stash!?" Jingyi yelled as he opened one of the boxes in Wei Yuan's room. The four of them were helping each other pack their things as they were leaving in a week. Today was Wei Yuan's day. 

Wei Yuan laughed and walked over to where the Lan boy stood.

"Relax Jingyi they're just letters I wrote for back home." He explained to the boy in white.

"Why didn't you send them?" Jin Ling questioned as he and Zizhen gathered all the empty alcohol jars Wei Yuan had hidden in the room. The boy shrugged in response.

"No one told me how, so I just kept them in a box. I didn't need to send them anyway. I was actually going to burn them." He explained and the other three stared at him.

"Can we read them?" Jingyi asked and Wei Yuan shrugged again.

"I wouldn't, they're all depressing." 

Jingyi's face fell and he placed some of the scrolls he was holding on the bed instead of opening them.

"I thought they would be about us..." He grumbled and Wei Yuan laughed.

"I haven't written any since we've started hanging out. You guys keep me too busy." 

He nudged Jingyi a little and wandered over to some of the cupboards on the other side of the room to get more of his belongings. They chatted happily amongst themselves for awhile until Zizhen let out a huff and frowned at Wei Yuan.

"How do you have so many empty jars!? I thought you stopped sneaking out apart from those few times with us?" He looked up at the slightly taller boy who grinned down at him.

"You really believed that?" Jin Ling snorted.

"Wait what!? You kept sneaking out!?" Jingyi spluttered confused.

"It's the only way I can put up with Lan Qiren. What did you expect from a Yiling disciple?" Wei Yuan smirked.

"You're all alcoholics." Zizhen grumbled as he carried an armful of jars out of the room. He could hear the other three laughing as he went and softly smiled to himself. 

They were all going to miss this.

The next day they helped Jin Ling pack. It was a lot more work than Wei Yuan's and Zizhen's rooms because Jin Ling had a bad habit of bringing half of Carp Tower with him. They spent the day lugging heavy and expensive objects around and listening to Wei Yuan admire how rich Jin Ling was. After about an hour of him just examining a pure gold statue and mumbling about how just one of it's teeth would help get the Blood Palace finish all three of the other boys offered to pay him just to shut up. They had a good laugh about it afterwards. 

---<~>---

Now that all their rooms were packed and their lessons with Lan Qiren were officially over, the four boys decided to have a picnic in one of the less crowded areas of the cloud recess. Their plan seemed fine at first until they realised that three of them couldn't cook and the one that could only knew how to set their mouths on fire. In the end it was down to Jingyi to go to Lan Xichen and ask that he help them prepare their meal.

The only problem with that was that Jingyi hadn't spoken to the man since their last night hunt.

Jingyi stood outside Lan Xichen's door and played with his sleeves nervously while he waited for someone to answer his knock. His friends stood a little away from him for moral support, but it wasn't helping Jingyi's rising fear. After a few minutes passed and then the door was pushed open to reveal the Lan sect leader.

"Zewu-jun!" Jingyi spluttered in surprise as he hadn't heard anyone approaching the door from the other side. The man stared down at him and then over at his friends.