Wei To Go Again (Pt.5)

They were surrounded. They were exhausted and they had lost their weapons.

Jingyi didn't know what to do as he backed away from the mass of terrifying creatures.

Somewhere along the line he and Jin Ling reunited with Zizhen. It was a relief to know he was okay, but then they heard this shout and suddenly they were rushed by a bunch of screaming disciples. Both he and Jin Ling had dropped their swords while they were dragged with the crowd and from the looks of it no one else had their weapons either.

At first Jingyi couldn't understand why the disciples where running around screaming like headless chickens. That was until he came face to face with the horde of monsters.

"we're gonna die... We're gonna die!" One of the disciples yelled as tears streamed down his face. His screams did not help Jingyi's rising panic and he closed his eyes in an attempt to clam himself. They weren't going to die. They'd been through worse. A lot worse. They could figure a way out of this.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder and his eyes shot open. He was worried it was a spirit or something, but it wasn't. It was just Jin Ling.

"Clam down. You look ugly when you pull that face." Jin Ling said and Jingyi rolled his eyes. Of course Jin Ling would choose now to pick a fight.

"Now's not the time." Jingyi mumbled and turned his attention back to the horde.

There was about 15 creatures circled around them. They were all higher levels from what Jingyi could tell. What he couldn't understand was why they were targeting a group of junior disciples. High levels like these normally went after powerful cultivators. This was because of the amount of qi energy running through their bodies. High levels drained this qi to get more power.

The reason Jingyi was so thrown off by this was because: even though there was 8 of them in their group, the amount of qi energy between them was just a little more then what Hanguang-jun and Zewu-jun had on their own. It would be more efficient for the high levels to go after the seniors instead of the juniors, and the high levels knew this. They did not lack intelligence, that was one of the main reasons they were sealed away. So why? Why were they attacking them?

Just then someone screamed and Jingyi's head whipped that direction. A Jin disciple... Wait no! Jin Chan had fallen to the floor and a weird, three headed monster had it's body wrapped around his legs. It was like a snake...

Jingyi felt Jin Ling spring into action from where he stood, but the second he moved he was tackled by another one of the monsters. Thankfully he managed to break free of its grip just in time to stop himself from falling to the floor.

On his other side Jingyi noticed another sudden movement and looked over to see Zizhen in an all out fist fight with 2 monsters and the boy was losing. Jingyi rushed in to help and other yelps and the sound of fists hitting flesh began to ring out. The horde had closed in. They were going to kill them.

Jingyi had spent this entire battle relying on the element of surprise. He knew that was the only reason he was still standing up until now. However this time, the one card he had up his sleeve was completely taken away and this fight was based on skills alone. He was strong, yes, but there was no way he could win this fight with only that. He needed his guqin or his sword. He needed a fucking weapon!

A sharp pain shot through his side as the monster's foot connected with his body. It took all the wind out of his lungs. He backed away a little, allowing Zizhen to go in with a very well aimed kick. Zizhen always had been an exceptional martial artist. He might not have the upper body strength of a Lan, but he was damn close. Jingyi had once been knocked out cold for half a day when he didn't dodge of of the boy's punches and his kicks were even deadlier.