Wei To Go Again (Pt.1)

"How the fuck did we end up here?" Wei Yuan asked his father in a defeated voice.

The two of them were standing at the entrance of the cloud recess, waiting to be let in by a Lan disciple.

"Wen Qing... Wen Qing said it would be a good way to build a relationship with the other sects..." Wei Ying mumbled feeling equally as defeated.

"Is it too late to go home?" Wei Yuan pleaded. Wei Ying sighed.

"Considering Hanguang-jun is the one walking towards us right now, I would say no." Wei Ying answered as he looked up at the beautiful man in white making his way over to them.

"Fucking simp..." Wei Yuan mumbled earning a kick from his father.

Wei Yuan snickered, trying not to burst out laughing in front of Hanguang-jun. The man in white was feet in front of them now and Wei Ying elbowed his son to get him to stand properly.

"Lan Zhan! Sorry to drag you all the way down the mountain. I hope we didn't inconvenience you." Wei Wuxian greeted the man happily and Hanguang-jun gave him a bow.

Wei Yuan had stayed behind eyes scanning a large stone wall. Wei Ying turned around and looked questioningly at his son and then at the wall. He smiled sheepishly when he realised it was the wall of discipline.

"Lan Zhan, are you sure it's a good idea for A-Yuan to study here?" He asked softly, feeling unnecessarily nervous.

"Mn." Hanguang-jun hummed gently and then held out his hand to Wei Wuxian. The younger man blinked feeling confused but held out his palm and Hanguang-jun placed something in it. This made Wei Yuan curious and he walked over to view the object. It was a jade token.

"For emergencies." Hanguang-jun informed them and then began walking back the way he came.

Wei Ying looked down at the token and then up at his son, his eyes gleaming with excitement and Wei Yuan let out a low huff.

"It's not like he's asking you to marry him." The boy mumbled. Wei Ying quickly clasped a hand over his mouth and shushed him.

"Don't say stuff like that! Lans have excellent hearing!" He hissed and Wei Yuan rolled his eyes.

Once Wei Wuxian had removed his hand the two of them followed Hanguang-jun up the mountain.

---<~>---

"Wei Sizhui of the Yiling Demon sect." Wei Yuan stepped forward and bowed to the Lan elders. They all glared down at him and he had to fight down the urge to send them a rude hand gesture. 

Once he was dismissed, he went and sat next to his father. Who appeared to be far from relaxed. It worried Wei Yuan a little because even when they first returned his father had no problem making himself comfortable in Carp Tower. Was it because they were in Gusu? The home of the Lans? Was it because Hanguang-jun was there? Or was it because Jin Zixuan was there? It couldn't be Jiang Cheng or Nie Huaisang, because he was on good terms with both of them. Maybe he was just in a weird mood?

Wei Yuan looked down at his hands and remembered the name they had called him earlier. That's right. He had a courtesy name now. The memory of how that conversation came about floated into his head fondly.

~~~(#)~~~

"A-Yuan's going to study at Gusu?" A-Qing asked loudly.

"I am!?" Wei Yuan asked with his mouth still half full of food.

"Yes, he is!" Wen Qing stated. "It will be a good way for us to fix our reputation with the other clans."

"Okay, but is sending A-Yuan to Gusu really the best way to do that?" Xue Yang questioned.