The Affairs Of Baling (Pt.1)

Zizhen lay comfortably upon his bed. He was reading one of his old books, still not fully dressed for the day. What was meant by that, was that he couldn't be bothered to put anything other than his trousers on. Which was fine as he had no plans of leaving his room.

It wasn't hard to understand why he chose to do this. After all, who would like walking around when people glared at you constantly? Zizhen was sick of it. Sick of keeping the secrets. Sick of questioning everything. He hated his sect... He hated his family.

With a sigh the boy rolled onto his back and let his book fall onto his face, covering his eyes and blocking out the light. He was tired, really tired. He'd spent the entire previous day running errands for his father to 'prepare him to take over the sect'. Zizhen knew that wasn't entirely it and that his father was just being lazy, but he wouldn't dare challenge him.

Just then there was a knock on the door and Zizhen groaned.

"Go away Jiejie, I already said I'm not doing anything today." He called to the person outside. There was a pause before the door burst open and three boys walked in, one of the shouting as he did.

"Who the fuck are you calling Jiejie!?"

Zizhen's head shot up, the book falling onto his lap. In front of him stood his three best friends. He had forgotten that they were coming to Baling for the week. The three of them looked at him in amusement as he scrambled to pull on his outer robe.

"Shit, when did you get here?" He asked struggling to get his arm through his sleeve that was inside out.

"About 10 minutes ago, your sister said we could come in." Jin Ling answered, throwing himself onto the bed and making himself comfortable.

"She did, did sh- What the fuck is wrong with this robe!?" He yelled throwing the fabric to the floor. Their sudden intrusion had flustered him to the point of swearing, which wasn't something he liked to do.

"Now now Zizhen, no need to get frustrated." Jingyi cooed from where he was rummaging through boxes and drawers.

"Yeah." Sizhui chimed in. "Besides, I think you look better without the robe."

For some reason Zizhen's face flushed bright red, to the point where even his ears felt warm. It made both Jin Ling and Jingyi were laugh like lunatics. But Sizhui just wore his sly smirk.

Zizhen thought he had gotten used to the younger boy's flirting, but then again everyone had moments of weakness...

---<~>---

About an hour later, the boys had managed to convince Zizhen to leave his room and they were walking around the town. Jingyi and Jin Ling had already been there several times, so they were walking ahead. Eager to go to their favourite places.

Zizhen, however, stayed behind to walk with Sizhui, so that he didn't get lost. The two of them walked in silence. Mostly because Zizhen was in somewhat of a bad mood.

He never liked when he walked around town. Everyone always watched him like he was some strange animal. Or more like he was a monster. He knew no one in his clan liked him. That was thanks to his father's influence. Everyone held him to these unbelievably high standards and when he couldn't reach them they treated him like scum.

"Is it me or is everyone watching us?" Sizhui asked making Zizhen sighed.

"Yeah, they do that." He tried to smile like it was nothing, but there was no hiding the disappointment in his voice.

"Well, I guess you can't blame them. I am a demonic cultivator walking with their next sect leader." Sizhui chuckled but Zizhen shook his head.

"They don't like when you call me that..." He mumbled.

"Why not?"

"Family issues. My father doesn't think I have what it takes..."

A-Yuan blinked and then glared at some of the people.

"Asshole, of course you do."

Zizhen looked down at the ground and smiled to himself. He wasn't open about his family issues or sect issues, so when Sizhui said that it made his heart feel warm.

"Thanks Sizhui..."

"Hey! You two hurry up!" Jingyi suddenly yelled while he and Jin Ling ran towards them.

They both seemed mildly disheveled, ponytails falling out slightly and little hairs falling on their foreheads. They were grinning. Which made Zizhen feel a little tense because when the two of them grinned it normally meant trouble.

"You'll never guess what we just found." The Lan boy huffed as he came to a stop.

"What?" Sizhui prompted.

"One of the bars is holding an arm wrestling competition, prize is a free night of drinks." Said Jingyi.

At his words Sizhui's eyes lit up. Zizhen knew why immediately.

"Which bar?" He sighed making the younger two boys grinned.

"Follow us!"

---<~>---

Baling Dralings Disciple Test of Strength
The Darlings challenge you to test your strength against each other in an arm wrestling match.
Any and all disciples are welcome to join and test their strength to see who's the strongest in Baling!
The Darlings have agreed to treat the winner too! Free drinks and 'service' all night!
We hope to see you soon here at Bailing Darlings!

"Oh for fucks sake..." Zizhen groaned as he read the sign.

"What kind of service do these Baling Darlings provide?" Sizhui asked with a small smirk.

"Would you spare us your dirty thoughts for 5 minutes, please!" Jin Ling rolled his eyes.

"Yeah! It's nothing dirty! Just some nice ladies flirting with guys to earn money." Jingyi explained.

"They also sing and dance." Zizhen added with a shrug.

Sizhui nodded in understanding, before a frown came over his face and he turned back to Zizhen.

"Why didn't you know about this competition?" He asked.

"Because no one likes him." Someone said from behind them.

All four of the boys turned to see a small group of Baling disciples standing there, glaring at Zizhen. All except for one who was hiding timidly behind the one that had spoken.

"Cheung, I should've known it was you..."

"Master Zizhen..." The short boy nodded at him in acknowledgement.