Xiao-Gege (Pt.9)

Xuanyu's sword was clutched in a vice-like grip. His knuckles were turning white and his arm was shaking from the force of the hold. A-Qing stood at his side, forcing herself to ignore Xue Yang's loud voice, as she pulled at Xuanyu's fingers to get them off the hilt. He was barely responsive. All he said before going completely numb was to take his sword and run. A-Qing was the only one that listened.

She knew why it was important; the girl had said Xuanyu's name just because he wouldn't hand it over to her. If she was willing to do that there was no way they could let her or anyone working with her, get their hands on it. So, A-Qing struggled. She pulled and she heaved at the grip on the sword with all her strength, but she was weak. Her strengths were her agility and speed. Not her power. She needed Xue Yang...

Xue Yang clutched Xuanyu's shoulders, shouting everything he could think of to get his boyfriend to respond. Yet Xuanyu's eyes were glazed over and his eyelids were heavy. His radiant face grew pale. The glow had left his gaze. 

He hadn't fought the possession like some of the others turned had. He didn't take the agonizing steps to repel the calling of Xiao-gege's words. Instead he allowed himself to slip into the daze. Not a puppet, but not himself. It wouldn't last long but it would last longer than he would if he fought it.

Still, even when Xuanyu clearly couldn't hear anything Xue Yang was saying. Or feel A-Qing trying to take his sword from him. Xue Yang continued to shout in the hopes that it would bring Xuanyu back. Denial was his friend. He refused to let it be real because he had promised he wouldn't let anything like this happen to Xuanyu again. Not after the demon nest...

"A-Qing!" A strong female voice called out.

Wen Qing and Wen Ning ran up to them. Their faces showing concern when they saw the state of Xuanyu. Wen Qing made her way next to Xue Yang, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder and trying to get him away. He hit her hand off of him, his clutch growing firmer on Xuanyu's shoulders.

"Please don't make me leave him." His voice was small. For the first time in a long time, he sounded like a young boy. Desperate and scared... Barely able to keep it together.
"I can't... I can't do this again. I'll go crazy."

"A-Yang." Wen Qing rested her hand on his shoulder, while sparing a glance in her brother's direction and nodding for him to take the sword A-Qing was trying to break free.
"We have to go. The sooner we find Master Wei, the sooner we can get rid of Xiao-gege. Xuanyu needs us to do that."

"What if it takes to long?" Xue Yang's voice trembled. A-Qing stared at him with wide eyes, seeing him like this for the first time since they had met. Xue Yang wasn't the kind to be vulnerable. He wasn't the type to be genuinely scared of anything.
"I can't lose him."

"We won't." Her voice was firm, her eyes determined. "Twelve hours is too long, I'm killing that motherfucker as soon as I see him."

Wen Ning managed to pull the sword free and looked at them, his eyes cold but strong.

"This dickhead has messed with the wrong clan. Like fuck any of us are letting him live any longer." Said the corpse man.

Xue Yang spared a glance at Xuanyu's face, seeing the way his eyes were fixed on one spot behind him like they had been the whole time. The anger in him roared at the look. It wasn't his Xuanyu. It wasn't a look the boy he loved could do. The lifeless expression on his face had no right being there when all Xuanyu should ever do is smile and be beautiful and be himself. Xue Yang hated the idea of leaving him. He really did. But not doing anything would be worse.

He leaned in, carefully brushing Xuanyu's soft hair away from his ear. A hand held his cheek. For a moment Xue Yang admired the beautiful red makeup that made Xuanyu shine. Then he pulled away. He took the sword from Wen Ning so that he now had two and watched at tiny strings connected themselves to Xuanyu's limbs.

The others began walking away, not too quickly, but fast enough to make good distance. Xue Yang stood for a second longer. One single angry tear escaped his eye.

"I'll kill them all." He promised and spun around to dash after the rest of his clan, just as Xuanyu's stiff body began to move again. The once blank eyes fixing on the black and red back of a boy with a short ponytail held up in a red ribbon.

Please do...

He knew what was going on. Everything felt numb. The movement didn't feel like him. But his mind worked perfectly fine. He knew it was Xue Yang running away from him with Xuanyu's own sword in his hand. He knew the figures that had disappeared into the dark fog were the rest of his clan. He just couldn't stop himself from running after them. So, he hoped someone would end it before he did some serious damage.