Xiao-Gege (Pt.12)

Footsteps on the floor. Hearts pounding in their chests. A song of death surrounds them. Yet they fight like beasts. As they ran away Xuanyu had called other puppets to cut them off, but in truth nothing could really stop the Yiling Demon Clan when they were determined. They were a force to be reconned with. 

A-Qing weaved amongst the group of puppets. Up and down. Dodging every attack aimed at her with delicate movement and practiced elegance. Her sword slices with precision, never a killing strike but enough to cause harm and immobilize. Sharp blades swing out to cut her from all direction, but with little more than a cheeky grin, A-Qing spins. Its hypnotising. With every placement of her feet delicate little wisps of resentment are left behind and wrap around the group she is fighting. It makes her eyes glow red and her sword vibrate with power. What once was fear, she turned into power.

Not far from her the Wen siblings stand back to back in their own battle. Their matching glares being one of the few similarities between them that remained after Wen Ning's transformation. A puppet comes running in at them, sword brandished and teeth gritted. Without a word the siblings react. Wen Ning turns with his chains whipping out. The clinking meatal hits the puppet on the side of the head. As it falls to the ground Wen Qing throws one of her acupuncture needles at it. The needle lands right on a pleasure point and the puppet falls paralysed. Wen Ning then sends the chains on each of his arms out to wrap around two puppets and yanks them in close. Immediately after the puppets come zooming towards him, Wen Ning jumps out of the way and Wen Qing takes his spot. She sticks the puppets with more acupuncture needles, making them stiff immediately before she kicks them to the floor and moves on the help Wen Ning with other puppets.

Behind the siblings, Xue Yang is caught in a fight with Xuanyu, using both his and Xuanyu's swords to fend off the resentful energy Xuanyu is sending his way from his flute. They really should've taken that too before they ran. Xuanyu's eyes glow green, he plays a constant high paced tune while moving with precision to launch resentment at Xue Yang. On the other end Xue Yang's ponytail swishes every time he dodges and his earrings click. One sword, his sword, slashes up to defend from the resentment that constantly feels like it wants to consume him. The other sword, Xuanyu's sword, burns in his hand at the use of someone who isn't its owner, but it cooperates enough for Xue Yang to get enough time for his own attack.

He's fought Xuanyu countless times in training. He knows Xuanyu, his best friend, his lover, better than anyone. Xiao-gege may have taken him away for now, but nothing can change the fact that Xue Yang knows Xuanyu. 

With a quick spin on his feet and a weave as resentment flies towards him, Xue Yang gets beside Xuanyu and kicks his feet out from under him. But Xuanyu's no fool even as a puppet. So, When Xuanyu reacts to steady himself like he was trained to, Xue Yang barges him with his shoulder and slams him to the floor. Xuanyu's collision with the floor and Xue Yang falling on top of him causes resentment to explode from the ground around them. The darkness from the fog increases, wrapping around them in a dome shape. Xue Yang holds both blades to Xuanyu's throat while pinning him to the floor.

"This would be hot if you weren't possessed by a psycho right now." 

Xue Yang mumbles placing a small kiss on Xuanyu's nose as Xuanyu's green eyes glare and he hisses and spits in an attempt to get Xue Yang away from him. Its a good thing Xue Yang has Xuanyu's hands pinned under his knees otherwise he'd probably be getting the shit beaten out of him by his boyfriend.

"Madam Qing, a little help!"

Xue Yang calls over to Wen Qing, needing her to stab Xuanyu with an acupuncture needle so they can continue on their way to killing Xiao-gege and freeing him. Seconds go by and then the resentment dome around Xue Yang and Xuanyu parts with a loud crack as A-Qing slices it open to let the Wen Siblings in.

Wen Qing walks over with her signature frown on her face and looks down at where Xue Yang and Xuanyu lay. Her eyes show concern at the sight of what Xiao-gege is making Xuanyu do, but then she lets out a sigh. Very carefully, the Wen doctor kneels down and prick Xuanyu with a needle making him still instantly while his eyes frantically glare at all of their faces.

"We should keep going, the others could be around here somewhere."

A-Qing says firmly and helps Xue Yang up. The dome around them dissolves away, leaving Xuanyu just laying on the floor with wandering green eyes. He should be alright for now. Xue Yang says nothing, there's still an aching in his chest at the thought of possibly losing Xuanyu. But there's also a thrumming of power within him. He's never made resentment do that before and when he thinks about it, that dome kept a lot of things out. No puppets came at him while he was wrestling Xuanyu and it stayed standing even after A-Qing slashed it open... It was something for him to think about later. He gives A-Qing a small pat on the head and they keep walking.

It isn't long later, as they turn around a bend on yet another quiet street that they hear the song start up again. But they haven't spoken to each other enough to be concerned. They are confident in the fact that none of their names will be said. That doesn't mean others they care about can't be called though. Their footsteps pause in the darkness of the fog and they all wait, breathing as quietly as possible so they don't miss the name.

Nie Huaisang...

"Sect leader Nie?" Xue Yang frowns and looks at the others who all have similar expressions of surprise and confusion. They all know Nie Huaisang isn't the kind of person to willingly be out and at risk. At the first sign of danger they expected him to go into hiding, so why was his name called?

"If we heard his name it means he's somewhere close by. We should see if something is wrong."

Wen Ning says and begins walking again with a new speed to his steps as his chains clink at his sides. The others follow, keeping a look out as best as they can for any more puppets. But for some strange reason there are none around. These streets are empty and it makes the heirs on the backs of their necks stand on end.

Then they round another corner and their eyes fall on a scene of damn carnage... But what makes them all freeze with complete horror, is the sight of Xiao-gege getting off Jiang Cheng's battered form and walking over to a slumped over Nie Huaisang. While Hanguang-jun lays on the floor with blood staining his white robes, Jin Zixuan twitches over by a wall with blood dripping down his face and... Wei Ying struggling to lift his head with ripped robes and claw marks all over him...

What the hell did they just walk into?