The Unexplored Past (Pt.1)

It was something the three of them swore never to talk about again. Something they would try their utmost hardest to forget because it was a mistake.

Mistake...

Huaisang didn't believe it was a mistake.

---<~>---

 21 years ago

The three of them were always together. Always doing things they weren't supposed to do in the cloud recess. One of their favourite activates was drinking. Wei Wuxian would sneak jars of emperors smile in even after being caught by Lan Wangji several times. There was just no beating taking shots and goofing off with your friends!

Tonight was a special night. Or at least that was what Wei Ying said. He had just finished his punishment in the library and wanted to celebrate not needing to go back. Both Huaisang and Jiang Cheng knew there was no point, but who were they to reject such good alcohol?

Wei Ying had managed to snag them 4 jars, which was enough to make them all tipsy, but apparently that wasn't enough so he went out for more. Leaving Huaisang and Jiang Cheng alone. The two of them didn't mind. It was the times when Wei Ying was absent that their true friendship showed.

With Wei Ying around the two of them were always too caught up in his antics to really talk much, but that didn't mean they didn't get along. Actually they got along quite well.

"Did you hear that Lan Qiren caught Jin Zixuan trying to sneak his spirit dog in yesterday?" Huaisang said with a faint laugh. Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes.

"That's what? The 8th time since we've been here? I swear he's almost as bad as Wei Wuxian." The boy grumbled making Huaisang smile.

"Oh? Then why haven't you ratted Wei Wuxian out yet?" He asked knowing full well that Jiang Cheng was the one who tipped Lan Qiren off about Jin Zixuan in the first place.

Jiang Cheng just laughed and through a pillow at Huaisang.

"Why do you know what everyone's doing at all times, but not basic answers to Lan Qiren's questions?" He teased making Huaisang laugh.

"What can I say? It gets boring around here after awhile. Besides, you don't get tested on gossip."

Jiang Cheng laughed harder and took a sip of alcohol. Huaisang followed suit. His mouth was dry from all the laughing.

"Does the same go for all that erotica you read?" Jiang Cheng asked and Huaisang almost spat out the liquor that was in his mouth. Jiang Cheng smirked. "That's right, I know shit too."

"You're the spawn of the devil." The other boy glared.

"Literally!" Jiang Cheng cackled.

There was silence for a few minutes. Both boys just happily gulping down their drinks and enjoying each other's presence. It was rare for both of them to be like this with people. Neither of them had that many close friends.

Huaisang stole a glance at Jiang Cheng and blushed a little when he realised the other boy was staring at him. It made him desperately want to cover his face with his fan.

"Is something the matter Jiang-xiong?" He asked in a softly curious voice. Jiang Cheng was silent for a moment, before he answered.

"Have you ever kissed anyone Nie-xiong?" He asked and Huaisang turned a bright shade of red. What kind of question was that!?  

"I have... Once." Huaisang answered. He noticed Jiang Cheng's eyebrows raise slightly in mild surprise, before his face turned into a smile.

"I shouldn't be surprised." He breathed.