Xiao-Gege (Pt.5)

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Zizhen yelled as a disciple from the Yao clan swung her sword at him one after another, barely giving him time to block.

The four of them had long left their tree, deciding it was best to head back to the Demon Clan quarters to find Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng. However along the way a massive group of puppets attacked them.

Zizhen was stuck fending off several at a time, all of which had very well coordinated attacks. The others were around somewhere, he could hear them but because the fog was so thick he couldn't see them.

The girl lunged at him again and this time the sword's edge snagged against his cheek sending a stinging sensation over his face. He stumbled back, legs still a little wobbly from the alcohol he'd had. That was one of the downsides when he drank. His thoughts were clear, but his body struggled keeping up far awhile. As he stumbled a muscular Nie disciple jumped over the girl's back a massive saber slicing through the air the second he landed.

From his expression it was clear he had only just been possessed. He still had that look of pain on his face, gritted teeth, eyes wide and fearful. He couldn't speak but Zizhen knew what he was saying anyway.

It's not me! I'm sorry...

The saber came at him again, catching his leg this time. He couldn't stop the scream of pain from escaping him. The feeling of warm blood dripped down his calf. It wouldn't even hold his weight.

"Shit..." He gritted his teeth, forcing all of his weight onto his other leg so he could jump away from the girl's new attacks.

"Get down!"

He threw himself down, crumpling in a heap, as Jingyi sored over sword raised and ready. The Lan boy's blade connected with the girl's sending her flying back into the chest of the Nie disciple and causing both of them to tumble over. Another puppet joined in, kicking out with his leg, trying to knock Jingyi's feet from under him. He jumped just in time to dodge and landed behind the puppet then kicked it square in the back to land with the other two puppets.

"We should hide." He turned to look at Zizhen who was struggling to get to his feet. "Can you walk?"

"I can try." Zizhen mumbled using his sword as a cane to help him stand. 

Jingyi gave him a once over, instantly noticing the large gash that went down to the bone on Zizhen's calf as well as the scratch on his cheek. However he didn't have time to dwell on the sight because suddenly all three puppets were charging at him.

"A little help over here Young Mistress!" He yelled, pushing the kicking puppet into a wall and using his sword to keep the saber and the girl's sword from stabbing him in the chest.

"I'm kind of busy myself, Short Ass!" Jin Ling's voice rang out from somewhere far further than Jingyi had expected. Especially since he could hear Fairy growling almost next to him.

"Lanky Whore?"

"Hold on!" Sizhui's voice was a little closer by, but as soon as he replied several loud bangs sounded out as well as a screech. 

"Shit! Are you okay!?" Zizhen stumbled in the direction his voice had come from, but almost fell over as soon as he put weight on his bad leg.

"Fine!" Sizhui replied. "I think I opened some sort of store room, lets get inside."

"Book Bitch is hurt. He can't walk." Jingyi called. Then he grabbed the long hair of the Nie disciple and slammed his head into the same wall the kicking puppet had crashed into.
"Sorry about that." He mumbled to the guy afterwards.

"A-Zhen where are you?" Sizhui's voice was closer now. Jingyi turned to see if he could see either of them.

"He's here." Jin Ling was the first he saw because of how bright his robes were. However as soon as his eyes landed on him Jingyi noticed that he was nursing his arm that was covered in red blood and his face was too pale to be good.