The Ghost Conference (Pt.1)

Jin Ling watched as the hundreds of people walked from the gates of Lanling all the way up to Carp Tower. Their mismatched coloured robes creating the image of a rainbow as each group wandered forward. Among the various colours, he knew his three best friends walked with them. Though from that distance he couldn't see them individually.

However, it was almost impossible not to recognise the blinding white robes of the Lan clan. Funeral robes... Jin Ling smiled to himself. If he looked hard enough he would probably be able to spot Jingyi. The older boy always stood out compared to his clan.

As Jin Ling scanned the sea of white, trying to locate a certain goofy white clad disciple. He couldn't help but notice how large the crowd was. He didn't remember there being so many Lan disciples... But then again he never paid too much attention back when he was at Gusu, so maybe he hadn't realised before.

He shook off the confusion and went back to looking for Jingyi. Sure enough, Jin Ling thought he spotted him. It was hard to tell, but not every Lan disciple went out of their way to wait for a group clad in black and red.
Yiling Demon Clan... All of them...

Jin Ling sucked in a breath of unease. Its not that he disliked them being there. Its not that he disliked them at all. In fact, he loved having Sizhui as his friend... It was just... The history...

Gusu was a classic example of it; What Jin Chan had done to Sizhui. Then, of course, there was the whole feud between Wei Wuxain and Jin Zixuan. Not to mention the Wen siblings and what the Jin Clan had done to them in the past... And then there was Mo Xuanyu and his past here.

Apparently the only two who didn't have any personal issues with the Jin Clan was; the place eyed girl Jin Ling did not want to cross, and the boy who had even more piercings than Sizhui and looked like he would kill on command.

Well they were fucked...

"Jin Ling, its time to get ready." Jin Ling turned around to see his father peeking his head in through the door of his room. A calm smile on his face.

"This is going to be a mess, isn't it?" The boy mumbled. Voicing his concern to his father, who only sighed.

"Let's not come to conclusions before the conference starts." He said gently, patting his son on the shoulder.

"When will Jiujiu get here?"

Jim Zixuan paused for a moment in thought. Then smiled and gestured out of the window at the new crowed starting to grow. Their robes purple and another distinct figure leading them. His form practically stalking over to the small group in black and red and their one white straggler.

"It seems he has just arrived."

Jin Ling glanced out of the window and beamed. Watching as a tall figure in black wrapped an arm around the shoulders of his uncle, who seemed to be fighting him off and failing.

---<~>---

"Would you get off me! I'm trying to lead my clan!" Jiang Cheng grumbled, punching Wei Ying half heartedly in the side.

"And I'm trying to entertain mine!" Wei Ying exclaimed, gesturing to the four boys all trying to hide their grins.

"Oi, Lan Jingyi! Are you a member of the Demon Clan?" Jiang Cheng asked the young Lan boy who was chatting happily to Wei Yuan.

"No Sect Leader Jiang, but it's so boring standing with my clan." Jingyi answered, a smile on his face because he could see right through Jiang Cheng's mock scolding.

Jiang Cheng just rolled his eyes. It was strange how alike Wei Ying and Jingyi were despite the two never having met before A-Yuan became friends with the young Lan boy.

"Stop looking for them. They won't be here." Xuanyu mumbled as he interlocked his fingers with Xue Yang's.

The older boy looked at him. His gaze fierce and strong... Protective. It made Xuanyu smile wryly.

He'd never wanted to come back to Lanling. He'd never wanted to see Jin Feng or all the other assholes who had fucked him over the years before. But he was different now... Things were different now.

He had Xue Yang and the others now. They weren't going to let anything happen to him. And besides, even if they weren't around, Xuanyu had other ways of dealing with fucked up people... For starters, he knew how to summon the dead.

"Do you think they'll serve wine with the meal?" A-Qing asked Wen Ning, who had been trailing quietly behind his sister.

"Is there ever a time when you children aren't thinking about wine or any form of alcohol?" Wen Ning sighed. A-Qing just shrugged.

"It helps numb the pain of our childhood trauma."

"Okay! We are not unpacking that here." Wen Qing cut in, just as Wen Ning was about to say something else. "A-Qing my dear, you know I'm always willing to listen if any of you if you need to talk... But try not to do it in the middle of Lanling."

"Nah, it was just a joke Wen Qing. Thanks to my incredible clan I was able to get over everything from my past." A-Qing smiled sweetly, fluttering her eyelashes. "Well, my clan and the eighteen jars of alcohol I drink every night." She added cheekily, making Wen Qing groan.

"We're raising a group of emotionally stunted alcoholics, I swear..."

"If that's the case, the Xue Yang is the worst of us all!" A-Yuan called from his place with Jingyi at the front.

"Says the lanky whore!" Xue Yang shot back.

"Hey, we do not slut shame in this clan! A-Yuan, darling, you flirt with whoever you want! Just remember, if you get a sugar daddy, your actual Baba needs a few things." Wei Ying chimed in.

"What would that be? A life-size golden statue of Lan Wangji." Jiang Cheng grumbled loud enough for everyone to hear. Xue Yang cackled.

"More like Lan Wangji's dic-"

"Fuck off that's gross!" A-Qing wailed, covering her mouth with disgust.