The Scream of a Monster (Pt. 3)

The minute Zizhen's head hit the pillow, he was out. Dead to the world. He was so exhausted that he didn't even change his clothes.

He was truly grateful to the Inn keeper and his wife who let them in without question, the minute they said Wei Wuxian sent them. They even offered to bring them tea to their rooms. The all politely declined and made their way to their rooms, where they promptly passed out.

---<~>---

The next morning Zizhen woke up to the sound of his door opening and someone climbing into bed with him. He groaned softly at the person.

"You've slept in long enough. Hanguang-jun and sect leader Jiang want to start leaving soon." Jingyi said calmly.

"I'm hungry." Zizhen mumbled. Jingyi laughed.

"Jin Ling said the same thing. The old couple prepared some porridge, if you get up now it should still be warm."

Zizhen huffed, before shuffling about and climbing out of bed. He noticed his hair had been let down and his belt was missing. Folded up carefully and placed on the table next to his bed.

"Oh yeah, I came to check on you last night and you were passed out. I thought you would be uncomfortable, so untied your hair and took off your belt." Jingyi smiled sheepishly when he noticed Zizhen looking at his belt.

"Oh... Thank you." Zizhen was still too tired to care. His eyelids were still heavy and his brain didn't want to work.

He grabbed his belt and put it back on and then tied up his hair. He and Jingyi then went downstairs into the little room at the front of the Inn. Hanguang-jun and Jiang Cheng were both sitting there drinking some tea. In the corner, at another table, sat Jin Ling who was eating porridge.

When the younger boy saw the other two enter, he nodded slightly, before going back to his food. Zizhen sat down next to him with a yawn. Jingyi took a seat on the other side.

Once Zizhen was sat down an elderly woman brought out a bowl of steaming porridge and placed it in front of him. Zizhen thanked her gratefully and began eating.

"Woah, slow down! Its not going anywhere!" Jing Ling said through a full mouth.

"hm-O-nom-gi." Zizhen answers in a mumble. Both of his friends gave him disgusted looks.

"I did not understand anything you just said." Jin Ling stated.

"Oi, you are in the presence of Lans. Don't talk while you eat." Jiang Cheng shot at the two boys. They gave each other guilty smiles before going back to their meals in silence.

---<~>---

"Oh fuck me." A-Qing whined from where she had her head on the table.

"No thanks, I like men." Xuanyu replied.

The group of teenagers were all sitting around the table, feeling the effects of last night and regretting many of their decisions.

"You brought this upon yourselves. No matter how many times I warn you, you still don't fucking listen to me." Wen Qing rambled as she passed out some cups of sour liquid. "Now drink your tonic and stop moping."

"I'm not drinking that shit, it's disgusting." Xue Yang pushed the cup away from him.

"If you don't want a hangover, you'll drink it." Wen Qing glared at him.

"It tastes like piss!"

"Then don't drink it and suffer."

Xuanyu snorted as Xue Yang's face fell and he mumbled something under his breath.