Xiao-Gege (Pt.11)

"Jingyi! Jingyi please!"

Jin Ling begged as he dodged slash after slash of Jingyi's pale sword. A foot slammed into his chest and he was sent skidding back into Sizhui's chest. His arm ached like fuck in its sling.

"He can't stop even if he wanted to."

Sizhui says quietly. He holds Jin Ling steady with his bright eyes scanning around for signs of an attack. He's the only able bodied one. Jin Ling's arm is badly hurt and Zizhen can hardly put weight on his injured leg. They're both trying, but it's up to Sizhui to protect them. In the corner of his eye Sizhui catches a glimpse of something pale and white, he grips his swords tight, reaching for Zizhen and pulling the older boy behind him. He stands in front of his two friends prepared and scared.

Pale blue flashes in the black fog, a sword, Jingyi's sword. It heads towards them, slicing through the black cloud and clangs at Sizhui fends it off. Jingyi's pale face appears in front of them, his teeth gritted and eyes glazed over. He takes another swing which is again deflected by Sizhui before he changes his approach and lunges at Zizhen. It works.

Zizhen gets sent to the floor with a cry of pain before either Sizhui or Jin Ling can react. He makes a move to get up as clangs of sword battle ring out. But as he gets his good leg under himself an attempts to push up into a stand, warm hands wrap around his mouth. He gets pulled into the darkness with a muffled scream. The last glimpse of his friends he sees is Sizhui swivelling around seconds too late, his eyes wide as he watches the Ouyang sect heir get taken away.

Zizhen fights against whoever is pulling him. He thinks they're a puppet or Xiao-gege or some kind of demon that is part of this madness. But instead of it being anything like that its something completely different, but just as evil in his mind. Fucking Ouyang Cheung...

"I really did hope that I would be the one that got to do this, Ouyang Zizhen. Ever since the reward was placed on your stupid head."

Cheung whispers into Zizhen's ear, not flinching even slightly when Zizhen bites him and fights him or when Zizhen screams. He's said his name. Cheung the stupid asshole said his name!

"Mhff!" 

Zizhen screams into his hand and elbows the jackass in the side making him let go. However he's gone before Zizhen can even attempt to stand up. He looks around at the darkness surrounding him, not hearing his friends or anything else except for his own breathing and that damn song.

"Please no. Please no... Don't be me..." Zizhen begs into the night just as that verse rings out over Lanling.

Xiao-gege, Xiao-gege, who is it today?
Xiao-gege, Xiao-gege, what is their name?

"Not me. Not me." Zizhen keeps mumbling as the silence stretches on like it did when Jingyi's name was called.

"A-Zhen!?" Sizhui's voice bellows out in the distance.

Please don't be me.

Ouyang Zizhen.

---------

Jin Ling's head whips around in every direction as Xiao-gege says the name, but there is no sign of Zizhen and Jingyi continues to be relentless in his attacks.

"Where is he!? I don't see him!"

Jin Ling yells, barely dodging a slash from Jingyi and huddling himself up against the side of a building to catch his breath. Somewhere in the fog Sizhui is still fighting, Jin Ling can hear him and his sword and his voice call out in borderline desperation for their oldest friend.

"A-Zhen!? A-Zhen please answer me!"

Sizhui screams to no reply. His heart sinks, his blood boils and in a fit of pure frustration, stress and rage, he lets out a scream. A scream unlike any other. Resentful energy explodes from him making the buildings around shudder and if Jin Ling weren't leant up against one clutching his arm he probably would've been knocked over.