The Ghost Conference (Pt.2)

"Shouldn't you head back to your clan now?" Sizhui asked as they neared the gates. 

Jingyi looked around, noticing how no one in white was around anymore and let out a sigh. He really didn't want to go. He liked hanging out with the Yiling Demon Can. They were far more fun. But alas... He was a Lan and the sect leader's adopted son, so he couldn't really bunk off any longer.

"Yeah, I guess." The shorter boy mumbled, then looked up with a hopeful smile. "We'll still meet up later though, right? With Jin Ling and Zizhen?"

"No shit! We have so much to catch up on!" Sizhui laughed, his eyes turning into crescent moons.

Jingyi remebered back to when he first met Wei Sizhui and how that smile made his heart flutter. It was no secret that Sizhui was attractive, but... Jingyi realised that the rush of heat and butterflies no longer went off when he was around the other boy. He was more content now. Their relationship was different. Jingyi just liked Sizhui. Nothing more. He liked him in the way he liked Zizhen. They were like his brothers in a way... And Jin Ling? 

Jin Ling was like a really angry cat stuck to his back. That was the best way to describe him... definitely no other way...

"I'll see you later!" Jingyi waved goodbye to Sizhui, before dashing off and weaving through the crowed.

His clan couldn't be far away, so he wasn't worried. He'd been to Lanling enough to know he wouldn't get lost either. That and if he did Jin Ling would send Fairy to find him.

The crowds of disciples paid no mind to the young boy running through them; sometimes cutting through conversations. Those who showed up to these conferences were no stranger to watching Lan Jingyi run by after having just been walking with his friends. And even the new comers didn't seem that bothered. Everyone knew Lan Jingyi. The most un-Lan-like Lan.

His footsteps were light. All the training he'd been doing for so many years showing even in his slightest movements. Un-Lan-like and a junior disciple, but Lan Jingyi was still exceptional... An exceptional dumbass.

"Fuck... I'm lost." He mumbled. 

He stood at the foot of the gate, looking around for anyone in white robes, but only finding a sea of bright colours. He really had gotten caught up talking! Lan Qiren was going to kill him when he found out!

"Hey, kid!" Someone called. 

Jingyi spun around, looking for the person who had called him and coming face to face with a tall man dressed in black robes. A little further behind him stood a man in white robes, though they did not bare any of the Lan symbols.

"Yes?" Jingyi questioned, feeling slightly nervous from the glare the black clad man was shooting at him.

"The Lans went that way. Not too long ago. You should catch them." He stated.

"O-Oh, thank you!" Jingyi bowed deeply then shot off, still feeling uncomfortable, because the man had given him a very weird look. Teeth bared, like he was snarling at something. Weird... 

"There goes another one!" Song Lan sighed turning back to his husband with a defeated look in his eyes. "Is my smile really that bad?" 

Xiao Xingchen chuckled. Placing a gentle hand on Song Lan's face and meeting his feirce eyes. 

"Not when you mean it." He breathed, then pecked his husband on the lips before continuing to lead their tiny group through the gates.

"Get a room." One of their disciples said from the back.

---<~>---

Jingyi sprinted. His eyes locked on the tail end of the white robes he could just make out through the crowed. Almost there! Maybe he won't be murdered by Lan Qiren after all!

He stumbled past what seemed to a disciple from the Baling Clan, mentally scolding himself for not only not being careful, but because he didn't get Zizhen while on his way to see Sizhui. Idiot Jingyi! Idiot! He couldn't stay. So he just shouted apologies as he ran off.

Then, finally, he made it. Coming to a stop right next to another junior disciple and heaving to catch his breath.

"Thank fuck! I thought I was dead!" Jingyi huffed, hands on his knees and eyes screwed up. "Has Qiren Shifu realised I was gone yet?"

He looked up, expecting to see a familier face and being confronted by several he didn't know. What the fuck!?

"Oh shit!" Jingyi exclaimed, taking a step back. "I don't know you! I thought you were the Lan Clan!"

"No." One of the disciples said coldly. "Do not insult us like that. We have nothing to do with you Lans."

"I-ugh-"

"You're people went that way. I suggest you leave before Sect Leader Su, notices you."

Jingyi frowned. Who the fuck was Sect Leader Su!? Why the fuck was his clan wearing white robes that were almost identical to the Lan robes and... WAIT! Where those fucking guqins on some of the disciples backs!?"

"Jingyi!" A familiar voice rang out from just behind him, extinguishing all confusion and annoyance in Jingyi's brain immediately. 

"Shifu, hello there." Jingyi tried to smile, but it fell as soon as he saw Lan Qiren's glare.

"Move it."

"Yes Shifu."

The two of them walked off. Lan Qiren coming up close behind Jingyi and grabbing his elbow to drag him towards their clan. However Jingyi noticed that his grip wasn't tight, but their footsteps were too fast to be normal. He glanced up at the old man, noticing that his lips were thin and his eyebrows furrowed. 

Lan Qiren must have noticed him staring and glanced down. Only letting a single sentence escape his lips.

"Do not associate with that clan." He mumbled, just as they regained the rest of theirs.

Jingyi swallowed... Suddenly he felt like this conference was going to be a lot more complicated than just sharing information...