The Return of the Yiling Patriarch (Pt. 3)

Wei Wuxian was so over this conference. Especially since A-Yuan had left. At least with the boy here Wei Wuxian had someone to talk to. He sighed and looked around.

Carp tower hadn't changed much in 10 years. It still screamed wealth and luxury. The Jin disciples hadn't changed either. They all still acted like pompous pricks. Jin Zixuan seemed to have gained some self awareness though. Good for him or whatever.

Jiang Cheng had also changed. He was like an actual sect leader now. He looked older, more mature. It was a strange concept for Wei Wuxian to wrap his head around. The fact that the man he had grown up with now had frown lines and an aura of such power Wei Wuxian could feel it from where he sat. It made a strange feeling of pride swell in Wei Wuxian's chest. Even after 10 years of trying he really couldn't hate Jiang Cheng. Disagree with him? Definitely, but hate him? Impossible.

Wei Wuxian's gaze drifted from Jiang Cheng, over to the group of Lan cultivators. Specifically on the stoic form of Lan Wangji.

It hadn't been long since they last ran into each other, but Wei Wuxian liked to stare. Especially when the person he was staring at was as handsome as Hanguang-jun.

Yep, Wei Wuxian was down bad. He figured it out after their 5th meeting. They had gone for tea and they both went to reach for something at the same time. Their fingers brushed each other's and Wei Wuxian then spent the next week thinking about how his heart had picked up at the accidental contact and how much he wanted to be able to hold that hand again.

Now he used every chance he got to look at or talk to the other man, dispite knowing that Lan Zhan wasn't that fond of him.

Wei Wuxian wasn't sure how long he had spent staring. All he knew was that it was warm and he was full of food. The voices in the background droned on and he felt his eyelids get heavy. Before he knew it he was asleep.

---<~>---

He woke up to loud chatter and people clambering around him. Was the conference over already? He yawned and stretched. There was no point in sticking around, he didn't really want to speak to anyone. He could just wait for A-Yuan outside.

Just as he was making his way outside he heard someone calling him. For fucks sake! Wei Wuxian groaned internal before putting on a smile and Turing around.

"Wei-xiong!" Nie Huaisang called waving happily amongst the crowd.

"Sect leader Nie." Wei Wuxian said tilting his head in the direction of the man. Nie Huaisang paused for a moment before continuing through the crowd towards Wei Wuxian.

"Don't be so polite Wei-xiong, it's a little off putting." He chuckled slightly.

Wei Wuxian also laughed. It was comforting to know that Nie Huaisang hadn't changed that much.

"I didn't think causing trouble would make a good impression, especially after being gone for so long." He admitted.

"My you have changed." Nie Huaisang mumbled as he opened his fan. "Are you running a sect now? I heard you mention a disciple earlier."

"I suppose you could call it a sect, but it's more like a home for stray teens if I'm being honest." Wei Wuxian let out a small laugh, which made Huaisang grin.

"Was that boy you came with one of your disciples?"

Wei Wuxian smile grew wider at the mention of A-Yuan. "Yes, that was my son."

Nie Huaisang almost dropped his fan at Wei Wuxian's words, his eyes were wide and disbelieving. Behind where the two men talked came a loud spluttering noise.