An Invitation

A day had passed since that night when Wei Ying and Lan Zhan had shared that kiss. One day where they got to enjoy each other's company before Lan Zhan was called back to Gusu by his brother. 

It was that same day that Wei Ying received a letter himself. The golden ribbon of the Lanling Jins tied around the scroll and the white peony crest pressed into it. An invitation...

Dear Wei Wuxian,

We request that you join us in Lanling a fortnight from now for a conference. As you are very aware; many strange events have taken place that I feel needs to be discussed with other clans. After what happened on our last night hunt together, I fear the clans are being targeted. 

It would be highly valuable for you and your clan to share you expertise and experiences at the conference. Perhaps you can even get some of your own questions answered. The discussion will be held at Carp Tower. 

Wei Ying, I am aware that we do not see eye to eye on most things. But for the sake of what is happening now and what has happened, I hope you and your disciples show up. I do not wish for a repeat of our childhood for our sons and I would like to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. You have my word my clan will be on their best behaviour.

Yours sincerely,

Sect Leader Jin Zixuan.

---<~>---

"A conference, huh?" Wen Ning said once Wei Ying finished reading the letter.

"And he wants us all to go?" Wen Qing added thoughtfully.

"It's not specified, but I'm assuming that's what he meant." Wei Ying answered, rolling up the scroll and placing it down on the table.

"What do you want to do?" Wen Qing looked at him. Studying his face as he mulled over the words in the letter.

"We have to go, don't we?" He sighed. "Whoever it is targeting the clans, is also trying to frame us."

Wen Ning sighed and rubbed a hand over his pale face.

"As long as I'm not the one who has to tell the kids, then that's fine." He grumbled earning a groan from both of the other adults.

"Wanna play a game for it?" Wei Ying asked with a small, pleading smile that Wen Qing ignored.

"Or you could go and be there sect leader for once." Wen Qing shot back.

---------

This also doubles as a rest point!

Go get yourself some water, food, go to sleep or shower if you need to. You can always come back and read the rest when you are done, but it is important to take care of yourself and I know what it is like to get caught up reading, so yeah.

Self care is important! Go spend time with your pet if you have one and give your eyes break!

See you in the next chapter! :)