A Yunmeng Reunion (Pt.10)

Once they had finished their drinks, the three boys and Fairy hurried Sizhui away from the tavern and back to where the merchant stalls were. All three of them were overly eager to buy his something nice and even more so since they now had alcohol in their system.

It was quite a mess honestly. Especially since the two younger boys were complete lightweights. Sizhui and Zizhen ended up babysitting them and making sure they didn't blow all their money on scams. Even so Sizhui found it highly amusing.

"What about this Sizhui?" Jingyi held up a spirit pouch with intricate details stitched into it.

Sizhui smiled at him and carefully lowered the other boy's hand to decline. Though the pouch was pretty, it was far to expensive for what it was. If Jingyi was sober he would have realised this. The material felt awful and the spiritual power coming off it was weak.

"No thanks Jingyi." Sizhui said and chuckled softly when Jingyi pouted.

"No one wants cheap shit like that!" Jin Ling suddenly butted in, behind him Zizhen gasped and quickly reached out to cover his mouth. He shot an apologetic smile at the stall owner.

"You can't say stuff like that!" He hissed softly to the youngest boy who was trying to fight him off. Jin Ling tried to mumbled something through Zizhen's hand. When that didn't work he growled softly and suddenly Zizhen shrieked and pulled his hand away. "You bit me!"

"Your hand was in the way." Jin Ling shrugged.

"The young mistress is such a brat." Jingyi huffed as he watched the two of them, but within seconds he was tackled by Jin Ling.

The two of them wrestled on the ground. Making a gap in the crowd and several people gave them weird looks. Even more so when Fairy started barking at them. Zizhen left out a tired sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. Sizhui couldn't help but smile at him.

"Why are they so much worse when they're drunk?" He whined making Sizhui laugh.

"You sound like Qing-niang!" He chuckled and looked back down at the two boys who were still fighting.

Limbs were flying everywhere and shouts rang out every now and then, in between all the swearing and name calling. There was no way for either Zizhen or Sizhui to get in to separate them. All they could do was watch.

"What's going on here?" Came a familiar, harsh voice. 

The older two boys turned around to see a group of men making their way over. A very familiar and intimidating group of men to be exact. Zizhen gulped softly and bowed to Jiang Cheng who was leading them.

"Sect leader Jiang." He said nervously. "We... We were just-"

"No need to make excuses Ouyang. I can smell the alcohol on you." Jiang Cheng waved a hand in dismissal, but his tone was far softer than expected. Though the boys shouldn't be drinking, who was he to lecture them? He had been the same.

"Chicken loving pig!" Jin Ling suddenly yelled from on top of Jingyi. His fist was raised, prepared for the punch when he suddenly felt a presence behind him.

"Pompous peacock!" Jingyi spat back, but Jin Ling wasn't listening. 

The youngest boy turned his head carefully to see who was behind him, but he already had his suspicions. Jiang Cheng glared down at him coldly making the boy gulp and smile sheepishly.

"Jiujiu!" He quickly got to his feet and tried to look presentable. However even as he stood as still as he was able to, he was still swaying slightly and his cheeks were flushed.

Nie Huaisang chuckled softly behind his fan as he watched the young boy get scolded by his uncle. The scene reminded him of him and his brother in a way. Behind the two of them Jingyi also scrambled to his feet and brushed himself off. Clearly, completely unaware Hanguang-jun was there and that he was in deep trouble.

"Good thing sect leader Jiang showed up or my poor face would've been in for it." The Lan boy whispered to his friends behind his hand.

"I think you have bigger problems." Sizhui pointed behind him at the tall man clad in white and Jingyi's face went pale.

"Hanguang-jun!" He said a little too enthusiastically. "I didn't see you there! Are you enjoying the celebration?"

"20 handstands." The man said and Jingyi's body deflated.

"Okay." He didn't even try to fight back and just accepted his defeat. At least he wasn't getting scolded like Jin Ling.

"Oi Jiang Cheng! Don't just wonder off like that!" 

The familiar figure of Wei Wuxian made his way over to them. Waving as he did so. He hadn't showed up with the others and from the jar he had in his hand, Sizhui was pretty sure it was because he was getting a refill.

"Why are you scolding- Holy shit! Dog!" He suddenly yelped when he saw Fairy at Jin Ling's feet.

It was Sizhui's turn to sigh and Zizhen's turn to laugh. Wei Wuxian quickly put distance between him and Fairy. Even going as far as to grab Hanguang-jun by the shoulders and hiding behind him. Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, cursing the man under his breath, clearly under the impression that he was bothering Hanguang-jun, but Sizhui could see the way the white clad man's ears turned red and it made him feel bitter.

"I didn't think the Yiling Patriarch was afraid of dogs." Zizhen mumbled thoughtfully. Sizhui snorted.

"It's one of his few weaknesses." He explained. "That's why we keep donkeys at Yiling."

"Huh... In Gusu we keep rabbits." Jingyi added, making the other boys look at him.

"Where was this information in the last three months?" Sizhui glared and Jingyi shrugged.

"I forgot?"

---<~>---

After awhile Jiang Cheng finally let Jin Ling and the others continue what they were doing, just to get Fairy away and shut Wei Ying up. Sizhui watched them as the groups separated. It made him uncomfortable to see his father still clinging onto Hanguang-jun. It's not that he didn't like Hanguang-jun, or that he had a problem with them being together. It was just that, to him, it was happing far too quickly. He wanted to spend time with his father while they still had time. While they still could... After all, there was no saying how long that would be.

"Sizhui, you okay?" Zizhen asked quietly so the others wouldn't hear.

"Yeah... Must be the alcohol finally kicking in." He smiled softly, but Zizhen didn't seem to believe him. Despite this, he didn't press further and Sizhui was grateful.

That night ended happily. Jin Ling and Jingyi had completely forgotten their earlier fight, as per usual. Zizhen helped Sizhui pick out a great new novel and they all treated themselves to some delicious food where they reunited with the adults and had a good laugh. Fairy was kept away from Wei Wuxian of course.

Sizhui hadn't known a time when he could have so much fun with people who weren't in the same sect as him. It was an amazing feeling. Something he really, really wasn't ready to lose...

-End Of A Yunmeng Reunion-