The Affairs of Baling (Pt.2)

Minutes later the boys stood around watching as a woman stood on a table and explained the rules to everyone there. Disciples filled the small bar, all from different sects. Some were talking to the multiple pretty women littered around, others were listening intently to the woman stood on top of the table. A few were even glancing at her rather large bust.

"Remember now," The woman said in a gentle, feminine voice. "No cheating and no sore losers, you'll scare my lovely ladies if you get violent. Cho-gongzi and his men will be the judges of this competition, treat them with respect and they'll be fair to you. This first round of drinks is on the house, help yourself, but after you have to pay. And finally, don't forget to have fun! We'll be cheering for all of you!" The lady raised her hands in the air excitedly towards the end, earning cheers from the crowed.

Jin Ling rolled his eyes, watching as several men reached out to help the lady down from the table. Another group of men moved in once she was down, a few splitting off to stand at other tables and checking pieces of paper once they were there. Clearly, they were Cho-gongzi's men. They started calling names after a few seconds, people from the crowd made their way over to them and soon the first rounds began to start, 

Zizhen looked over at Jingyi with a small smile, feeling a little nervous and excited at the thought of starting this competition and making it far. Jingyi smiled back with an equal feeling of excitement, but that was just because he was a competitive fuck and not because he wanted to earn respect.

"What are you two smiling at?" Jin Ling scoffed at his friends.

"Nothing, just excited." Jingyi answered, nudging the younger boy with his shoulder. "I bet we could all make it pretty far." 

"No shit." Jin Ling grinned, however after a moment he noticed someone was missing and quickly scanned around to find Sizhui. "What is he doing?" He grumbled when he finally spotted him.

A little further away Sizhui stood surrounded by three very pretty women who were clearly some of the Baling Darlings. He had a couple of cups in his grasp, clearly, he had been stopped on his way back from getting them all drinks. 

The girls pawed at him flirtatiously. Carefully touching his arms, chest and neck. Sizhui was used to people flirting with him like this, he'd even done it himself a few times, so he wasn't bothered by their roaming hands. He just smiled and talked to the women in a charming manner, trying to explain that he was trying to take the drinks back to his friends. The women weren't getting the hint though. They just kept giggling and running their hands over his body. A few disciples around them began shooting dark looks in Sizhui's direction realising that he was the reason there were no beautiful women around them. 

"Seriously?" Jingyi mumbled as he too watched Sizhui and the women. "Why's he just letting them touch him like that?"

Jin Ling shrugged with a huff.

"Maybe he can't help it? Maybe the flirting is just automatic?"

"Whatever the fuck it is, they better stop..." Zizhen growled in a deep husky voice. The other two boys had never heard him used that tone before and both of their heads turned in his direction. Each of them noticing the rage in his eyes. Zizhen glanced at them, and a soft blush crossed his cheeks when he realised what he had just said. "I-I mean... I just want my drink and he's taking forever. Nothing else..." He scratched his head a little. Looking away so they couldn't see how red his face was getting.

the moment his back was turned Jingyi exchanged a knowing look with Jin Ling who was grinning softly. 

"What?" Sizhui asked, finally able to break away from the women when one of their regulars stepped in.

"Nothing." Jin Ling answered, taking one of the cups from Sizhui. 

"You took your time." Jingyi added doing the same thing.

"Yeah, sorry about that. They kept complimenting my earrings and asking where I got them from, but they started to back off when I told them I was a demonic cultivator and then that nice man distracted them for me. Here." He added passing the final cup to a grumpy looking Zizhen.

Zizhen took it without looking at the other boy and threw it back in an instant.

"The first few rounds are done, our names will be called soon, so stick together and don't wonder off." He grumbled and glared at Sizhui who gave him a confused look.

"What did I do?" Sizhui whispered in Jingyi's ear.

"Took too long."

Just then there was the sound of cheering from one of the tables and the crowd around it began to disperse. At the same time another one of the tables did the same thing.

"Jin Ling?" The judge at the first table called. " and..." He shouted another name.

"Guess it's my turn, Jin Ling smiled at the others before striding over to bow to the other disciple before they both got ready for their match.

"Wei Sizhui?" the second judge called. 

Sizhui scrambled at the sound of his own name being called and quickly downed his whole drink before heading off with a wave to the last two, his mouth still full of alcohol.

"Who are you watching?" Jingyi asked Zizhen who still seemed grumpy.

"Jin Ling." He answered walking in the other direction of Sizhui.

"'Just wanted my drink' my ass." Jingyi sighed, before heading over to Sizhui's table.