The Affairs of Baling (Pt.8)

Zizhen lay on his bed again, but this time fully clothed and staring up at the ceiling while Sizhui read to him. He wasn't really listening though; his mind was still spinning from last night and he was starting to feel guilt for shouting at Taio like that.

Jingyi and Jin Ling had decided to go and get some food from the servants and head into town for an hour. Zizhen could only guess what for, but it didn't matter. One thing was for sure, he definitely wasn't leaving his room today. Especially when he had a bruise on his cheek and Cheung was lurking about somewhere.

That asshole. He was probably the one who told everyone he won the match... He would've lost if he didn't cheat. The fucking prick. He's not even that strong, AND he looks like a bird-

"A-Zhen?"

"What did you just call me!?" Zizhen's head shot up, mouth open slightly. Sizhui sat, hand over his mouth, trying to hold in a laugh while studying Zizhen's expression.

"You weren't answering." He explained through a gasp. "Thought I'd try something-" He broke off into a snort when Zizhen rolled his eyes and slumped back down with his eyebrows knotted comically.

"Oh, come on! It's funny! Look how red you're going! A-Zhen you're so cute!" Sizhui continued to tease, laughing more and more when Zizhen's face grew redder.

"Stop calling me that." The older boy grumbled.

"Oh yeah? That what about Zi-zi?"

"Absolutely not!" Zizhen gasped before also laughing. "What is wrong with you?" He chuckled, watching Sizhui roll on the bed.

"Your face! Priceless!" 

"That's enough, Sizhui." Zizhen gave the younger boy a small smack on his shoulder before laying down again, this time with his eyes closed and a small smile on his face.

Sizhui sucked in deep breath and sat up, grabbing the book to start reading again while also noticing Zizhen's smile. It was a good sign; he hadn't smiled yet that day. Zizhen finally being happier meant that Sizhui and the other two didn't have to plan an assassination on Sect Leader Ouyang... yet.

With a soft sigh, Sizhui leaned back on the wooden headboard of Zizhen's bed and began reading again, before stopping when a certain word caught his eye and his devious mind started running with a plan. Reading was boring anyway; this would be so much more fun...   

"Hey A-Zhen?"

"I thought I told you not to call me that." Zizhen opened one eye and stared at Sizhui who was leaning over him. 

It took all his might to fight down the blush and not pull away at the unexpected closeness, but he maintained his poker face.

"You did." Sizhui smiled sweetly. "But calling you Zizhen is too long..."

"No, it's not."

"It is! And besides we're friends so A-Zhen fits!"

"Not happening!"

"Okay fine!" Sizhui sighed in defeat, however the moment Zizhen's eyes closed again an evil grin slid onto his face. "What about gege?"

Zizhen chocked on literally nothing. Eyes opening wide and head shooting up as his cheeks flushed a deep red. He had not just said that! Did he just call him gege!? 

"Ohhh, that got a reaction! You're even redder than before!" Sizhui chuckled watching Zizhen splutter. "You like being called gege then? I mean you are older so I can call you that, but I just wanted to make sure you were okay with it. Based on your reaction I think you are-"

"Not!" Zizhen coughed, thumping himself on the chest to get the air going again before turning to glare at Sizhui. "Not okay with it."

"Yeah, you are, gege! Look at your face! It's all cute and red." Sizhui continued while pointing at Zizhen's flushed cheeks. "You just don't want to admit it! It's fine, I'll tell Jingyi and Jin Ling to start calling you gege too, when they get back. Okay Zizhen-gege?"

Zizhen glared as Sizhui continued. Not liking that the younger boy wasn't taking it seriously and bringing the others into it. He understood it was just joking, he knew that, but it was just joking between them.

At some point Sizhui got off the bed, still teasing. Zizhen watched him closely, not saying a word, but studying every inch of Sizhui, his hair, his piercings, his robes. He always looked so damn cool... But he was an absolute ass at times...

"Maybe we should get Jin Ling to call all of us gege! He is the youngest. Oh, fuck he'll hate that! Don't you agree gege?... Gege?"

Sizhui clenched his teeth as his back was pressed against the wall and Zizhen held the front of his robes, a mild hint of blush on his cheeks but almost gone. He glared but not intensely and Sizhui noticed the slightly nervous demeanour around him. But despite this he still seemed somewhat pissed off.

"I thought I told you, no?" He asked, his voice silky with annoyance.

"You did." Sizhui grinned.

"Then stop being a brat and listen to your elders A-Yuan." 

Sizhui's grin slipped into his signature smirk, and he carefully plucked Zizhen's hand away from his robes while leaning in closer to hie ear. 

"Or what, gege?"

Zizhen blinked, all confidence gone and the blush coming back immediately. He stuttered frantically trying to think of something to say back, but unable to come up with anything.

"I-uh... Shut up." He mumbled, turning away and grabbing the book off the bed to start reading alone.

"Oh! Don't be like that!" Sizhui laughed, but only earning a rude hand gesture from Zizhen. "I was messing around!"

"I'm not talking to you now."

"Fine, don't. Budge up so I can read too."

Sizhui slumped down next to Zizhen leaning into him slightly to read. He could feel Zizhen's heartbeat gong fast and was thankful that Zizhen couldn't feel his going at the same speed. 

Sizhui liked flirting. He found it fun to watch people squirm from his charms. But Zizhen was a special case. Sure! Everyone blushed and sometimes they made Sizhui blush or panic or stumble over his words, but it was never to the same effect Zizhen had on him. Weird...   

"We brought food!" Jingyi yelled kicking the door open with armfuls of food.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Jin Ling moaned, coming in holding a few jars of alcohol. 

"Fuck yeah!" Sizhui cheered rushing over to take two jars off of Jin Ling.

"Alcoholic." Jin Ling muttered softly.

"It runs in the family, so watch out." Sizhui shot back.

-End of The Affairs of Baling-