Chapter 2- The After Ayla

"Ayla?" I call out as I walk into my apartment

"Ayla?" I call out as I walk into my apartment. The apartment is dark, except for a few scattered lit candles. "Ayla?" I say again but still get back no response.

The bedroom door is closed and I can see a light shining from under the door. I slowly make my way to the door, turn the knob and slowly push it open. My gaze immediately lands on Ayla laying on the bed on her left side fast asleep. She's laying on my side of the bed. She's facing the window, her back is to me. Both the bed side table lamps are on.

I climb in bed behind her, perched up on my right elbow. I put my left hand on her hip and nozzle in her neck. "I love you." I whisper in her left ear.

Ayla whips around to me and I almost shit my pants. "What the fuck? Ayla?" Ayla's eyes are black hollow circles, her skin is pale white and her teeth are cracked, chipped and are yellow. I start backing away from her. I can't believe that's Ayla. I near the edge of the bed, I throw myself over the edge, I'm about to hit the floor but I jolt awake.

I sit up and look around the room. I'm a panting, sweating, shaking mess. Holy fuck, that was scary. I'm on the couch, the apartment is dark, except for the TV casting a low glow. I've been sleeping on the couch since everything happened.

You mean when Ayla found out about the stupid fucking bet you made? My subconscious reminds me.

I compose myself then I sit at the edge of the cushion and swipe my phone off the coffee table, the times reads 5:17AM. I only slept a little over an hour. I check my text messages to see if Ayla messaged me.

She won't text you back, you fucking idiot. You ruined her life. She fled town because of you. Once again, my annoying subconscious reminds me. I put my phone back on the coffee table and pick up the can of Twisted Tea, I shake it to see if it's empty, it is.

I growl, yank the blanket off of me and stand up. I walk or rather stumble to the fridge, pull open the fridge door and take out a can of Twisted then stumble my ass back to the couch. I make it back to the couch where I've taken up residence as of late, but not without knocking over a barstool and two dinning chairs.

I chug the whole can and toss it on the coffee table with the others. I've been on quite the heavy drinking binge since Ayla left me. My life has been an absolutely fucking wreck since Ayla found out about the damn bet.

Speaking of Ayla, maybe I should call her. I've been calling her nonstop, she hasn't answered any of my calls, not that I blame her but I still call in hopes that she will answer. I grab my phone off the coffee table, bring up her contact, push the call button and put the phone to my ear. It rings... And rings then her voicemail comes up. "Great, I got your fucking voicemail again. I guess *Hiccup* I guess, I shouldn't complain. I- I- I- mean since I'm talking to your voicemail you can't interrupt me *Hiccup* when I talk." I sigh, groan and run my hand down my face. "I miss you, babe. Please, come back to me and we can work this out. "*Hiccup* Ah, fucking hiccups. Okay. I'm going to bed, or at least try to. You know I don't sleep that good without you beside me. *Hiccup*" I don't say anything for a moment. "Anyway, I have school tomorrow, which you won't be attending because you fucking ran away! Yeah, you ran and disappeared like the fucking wind. You know what, fuck you for leaving. I hope you never come back. No, no, no, wait, scratch that. Come back... Hey, you should've let me cum on your back." I laugh at myself and hiccup again. "Okay. I'm going to bed, for real this time. I lov-" the fucking voicemail cuts me off.