Chapter 24- Right Place

Holy fuck, I'm finally going home!

I don't think I'm the only one that is excited that I'm leaving, pretty sure more than half of the nurses are fucking sick of me too and are happy for me to leave this hell hole. I sign my last paperwork sheet then they give me a clear plastic baggie with all the shit I need for the road rash and my shoulder wound. They give me gauze, some kind of cream, a white cotton wrap thing, I don't fucking know but whatever. As long as it helps with the healing process.

They want me to come back in a week so they can see how my shoulder is healing up. The doctor specifically said to not get my bandages or wounds wet so I have to figure out how the fuck I'm gonna shower. I haven't showered since the accident so I fucking stink and my balls are itchy.

They're sending me home in a sling for my shoulder and I'm supposed to not move my right arm at all, or as little as possible.

Anyway, Scott pulls up to the front entrance, I open the passenger door and get in my car. My legs surprisingly got the least of the injuries in the accident. Just a little road rash. The worst of the rash is on my back. Again, I don't know how I'm going to fucking maneuver that, and not get that wet, or how I'm going to change the bandages. I really should've thought this whole aftermath through before I got my ass distracted by Ayla and crashed.

Fuck, I'm an idiot.

Not going to lie, it feels fucking weird to be sitting in the passenger seat in my damn car, but whatever, as long as I get to go home. I get completely in then the nurse closes the door. I settle in and get comfy. I see Scott nod his head once then wave at the old woman who wheeled me out in a stupid wheelchair. Just as I did when I first got transferred to here, I complained my ass off to the staff. I don't fucking get why I couldn't walk myself out of the fucking building. My legs work fine, fuck, they don't listen.

"Ready?" Scott asks, looking at me with expectant eyes.

"Yeah. Get me the fuck out of this place." I answer back and let my head fall back on the headrest.

Scott chuckles then puts the car in drive and slowly accelerates on the gas pedal.

Scott opens the front door to my apartment and the familiar smell falls over me. I walk in and he walks in after me. I stand at the kitchen island, Scott walks by me and tosses a stack of mail in front of me. The mail stack is pretty fucking big, it shocked the hell out of me.

I look at Scott as if to say 'What the fuck is that?' But instead I pick up the pile and look through about half. I give up reading so I throw the mail back on the island and let out a frustrated breath. Scott furrows his brows and looks at me with a confused expression. "What is it? Bills?" He asks.

The fridge is right behind me so I turn, take out a bottled water then turn back to Scott. I chug nearly half the bottle then I shake my head. "No- Well, one is but the rest is mostly 'Get well soon' cards from people."