Chapter 58- Having Some Fun

"Which school do you guys think you'll get recruited to?" Grey asks

We just finished our morning lift/cool down after our training session so we're just laying around cooling down.

"College?" Luke questions and Grey nods.

"I'd say Denver or Ohio." Myles answers first.

"Probably Boston University or Vermont." Luke answers next.

"Definitely North Dakota. That's the only school I want to go to." Boo speaks up.

"Hey, Boo, if I play at the University of Minnesota, you better fucking be ready for an ass kicking." Grey says to Boo.

"Whatever, man. You're not smart enough to go there anyway." Boo retorts and Luke and Myles snicker.

"Fuck you. I'll find some nerd to do all my schoolwork so I'm eligible to play." Grey says back.

"You're an idiot." Luke chimes in their conversation.

The next thing I know, I'm being brought into the conversation and all their attention turns to me.

"Kain, do you think you'll go the full four years or do you think you'll go a year or two then enter the draft?" Myles asks me. Grey and Boo bicker quietly under Myles' question.

"Uh..." I look down at my lap. I wasn't expecting to be brought into the conversation. I haven't said much since we got here this morning. I honestly don't know how to answer. Davis and I had a plan setup. I was going to do all four years of college then enter the draft but now, I don't have a fucking clue. I haven't even spoken to Davis since I grew some balls and fought back. I just shrug my shoulder as an answer.

"He'll probably get recruited to Michigan. They're the highest hockey program in the country." Grey pipes in and they nod in agreement.

"So are we going to Ember's surprise party tonight?" Myles asks us.

Ember is having another fucking party? Didn't we just celebrate her damn birthday on Thursday? How many fucking parties does she need, fuck.

"What time does Scott want everyone there for?" Boo asks.

"Six. He said Cooper and Ember will be arriving at seven." Luke answers back.

At the mention of Scott's name my knuckles twinge. It felt good to punch Scott again. I missed it. I was already on edge when I got home last night and with Scott trying to pry in my fucking business, I snapped.

I feel better today, I slept for 8 hours straight last night, that's the most I've slept since I started hanging out with Nolan. Nolan got piss drunk and crashed out by ten-thirty so I just went home without him knowing.

"Do you think Cooper fucked Ember yet?" Myles blurts out. His voice pulls me from my thoughts.

"For sure."