Chapter 53- Scaredy Pants

I miss hockey

I miss hockey. It's still hard to believe that I'm part of the Wolves variety hockey team. And I was on the team that went to State. My life has been crazy lately.

And speaking of hockey, I should start skating at the DCA again, to keep me in shape for next season.

Kain was gone before I woke up this morning. I asked Rylin where Kain went, she said that he's training with a guy named Spencer. I guess, Kain has been training with Spencer for a few years now, since freshman year, I think Rylin said. The guy had Kain awake and at the arena at 6AM so they could train before school.

When I didn't see Kain this morning, I thought he was out all night because I didn't see him when I went to bed last night. I texted him a couple times to see if he was okay but he never texted me back so I called him but he sent me straight to voicemail. But he did text me with a simple 'Fuck off' so I took that as him telling me that he's okay.

Oh, and thanks to Kain, Ayla and I have reached an awkward point in our friendship. Yesterday, not long after Kain left, he told me to tell Ayla that he had something come up and he needed to leave. I didn't even know Ayla was over. Me being me, I thought Kain pretended to use the bathroom then came to the kitchen to tell me what he told me. I thought they were just hanging out.

So I went up to his room and barged right in, without knocking. That was my first mistake. When I opened the door, my gaze landed on a very naked Ayla. Naked, as in naked like the day she was born.

I think both of us are traumatized after that. It's my fault, really. I should've knocked. I'm not sure why I didn't. I told Ayla what Kain told me from behind the closed door, me being out in the hallway. I didn't know her and Kain were... doing... that... I thought she was getting closer to Brent.

Old habits are hard to get over, I guess.

Anyway, I'm scarred for life.

I have class on the main floor so I decide to go hangout at Ayla's locker to kill time. I turn the corner and see Ayla standing at her locker. I walk up to her and lean my back on the lockers next to Ayla's.

"Hey." I say first.

Ayla jumps, startled by me then when she realizes it's me, she relaxes. "Oh, hey."

"Glad to see tour fully clothed." I say before I can stop the words. I bring my lips in my mouth to hide my smile.

Ayla's eyes go wide and her cheeks instantly go red. "Oh, my God! Shhh! No one can ever know about that." Ayla says in a hushed whisper. She looks around to make sure no one is listening in on our conversation.

I try to fight down my laughter but honestly, the whole thing is just to hilarious. I burst out belly laughing. I get tears in my eyes from laughing so hard then I hear Ayla joining in. It feels good to laugh with her, just the two of us acting like goofballs.