Chapter 69- You Love Nate

Before I head to school, I have a pitstop to make

Before I head to school, I have a pitstop to make. It's a pretty big stop. My Mom is coming home today! And that stop that I have to make before school is that I'm picking her up from the airport. I bought her flowers last night to give to her when I see her. I had to put the bouquet of flowers in a vase of water so they wouldn't dry up over night. I don't know if I was supposed to or not, I'm not a flower guy.

I'm missing this mornings class because of Mom. I don't know if Hazyl remembers that my Mom is coming back today. I told Hazyl that a few days ago but just to be safe I'll write her a note and put it on the table. Mom lands early in the morning so I'll be gone before Hazyl wakes and goes to school. I quickly scribble out a little note on a sticky note and paste it on the tabletop.

After I leave the note, I go into the kitchen, take the flower bouquet out of the vase then walk back to the dinning table and put the bouquet on the table. I look across the room, at the stove. I have to leave in about 5 minutes.

I walk in the kitchen, open the fridge, take out the jug of orange juice, twist off the cap and drink from the jug. I hear a sound, I quickly put the orange juice cap on, stuff it back in the fridge and shut the door. I turn around and see a barely conscious Hazyl coming into the room.

She has wild bed head but she pulls it off and looks stunning. Hazyl yawns as she walks toward the kitchen, she stands behind the barstools. "What are you doing up so early?" She asks in a cute groggy morning voice.

It's not super early, it's almost 6AM. Some people start their day at this time. Like, Kain for example. He's been awake, and is already training with Spencer, that is if he's still training with Spencer. I don't know anymore. I can't remember the last time I talked to him.

Mom told me to pick her up at 8, the drive is an hour and a half so if I leave now, I'll get there at about 7:30-ish. I like to get to places early, in case there's traffic or I have to make a pitstop, etc. Plus, Mom's plane could land early. I like to get there early just in case.

"I left you a note on the table." I lazily point to the dinning table behind her. I want her to actually read the note because I don't get to leave notes often and it's fun. And, if I tell her, it defeats the purpose of leaving a note.

Hazyl glances at me like I'm an idiot but she plays along anyway. Hazyl picks up the little yellow sticky note and takes 10 seconds to read the entire thing. When she's done, she whips her head at me. "Oh, Quinn is coming home. I completely forgot about that. Want me to go with you?" Hazyl offers.

Yes, I would love for you to come with me, I want to blurt out but "No." Exits my mouth instead. I clear my throat. "I mean, you don't have to. Thanks for the offer though." I smile a shy smile.

Hazyl nods her head then looks down at the flower bouquet. She picks it up and smells it, making an 'Ahhh' sound. "Aw. Are these for me? Scott, you didn't have to." Hazyl smiles back at me, lowering the bouquet.