Chapter 66- Friends Bail

"Give me the money

"Give me the money." Nolan demands.

I loosen my hold on the person arms in front of me so they can reach for their pocket.

"Here." They hand Nolan a wad of money.

Nolan counts the money then makes a 'Tsk tsk tsk' sound. "I don't know if you're an idiot or a fucking idiot but you're missing a couple hundred bucks here." Nolan says to the person I'm holding on to.

"Okay, I'm sorry. P- please! Just give me more time. I'm doing my best to get you the money." The person begs. Every time the person begs, their voice is auto tuned and sounds like a fucking monster. I can't see their face, only the backside of the person.

"Fine, fuck. You have 3 more days to get me my money." Nolan agrees.

"Okay, thank you." The person says.

Then just like deja vu, Nolan switches up and yells, "Just kidding. Fuck you!" And he stomps down on their knee, that's propped up on a crate. The bone jarring crack echoes in my head as I let go and they fall to the ground, screaming in pain. The crack makes me shiver.

Nolan laughs. He kneels next to the person and looks up at me with a sinister look. Nolan rips off the face cover of the person and Ayla's face comes into view. The moment I see her face, my heart sinks to my ass and I get instant shell shock.

What the fuck! Ayla?!

"Kain, please, help me!" Ayla cries out. I feel the bile rising in my throat and I taste the puke coming up. "Kain!" Ayla sobs. Her leg in deformed, definitely broken.

I bend down and extend my hand to help her up but when our hands are about to touch, I open my eyes. I don't recognize where the fuck I am. My body is shaking like I'm standing outside in the middle of winter naked, and I'm out of breath. I look around and realize I'm in Nolan's camper. I'm sitting on the fucking stinky, dirty recliner.

The morning sun shines through the window above the dinning table and shines right in my fucking eyes. Fuck, that dream felt so real. If I'm not having nightmares about Davis beating mine and Mom's ass, it's now this.

Nolan fucking snapping that guys leg in two fucking haunts me and now I'm dreaming it's Ayla in that position. Fucking hell.

I get up, stretch then I make my way outside. They have the fire going in the middle of the area. Two guys are sitting on a small stack of tires with a make shift table separating them and they look to be playing some sort of card game. The girls that usually hang around here are nowhere in sight.

So far, I haven't seen or heard from Nolan, I don't even know if he's around here. I plop down on the busted and rusted lawn chair. I let my head fall back and I close my eyes. The sun is getting warmer and I fucking hate it. I wish it could be winter all year round.

All of a sudden, I hear a noise to my left. I open my eyes and see Nolan sitting on an old rusted washing machine. He's lighting a cigarette in his mouth. He must've just now got there, he wasn't sitting there when I sat down.