Chapter 34- Ayla's Back

"Come on, boys

"Come on, boys. You may be winning but they're skating fricken circles around your asses!" Clutch looks around the locker room at each of us. "Grey, you didn't even break a sweat!" He points at Grey and scowls.

"Wha- Yes, I did, coach." Grey says back with a nod.

"If your legs can barely hold you up after the game then you weren't skating hard enough!" Clutch sighs, runs hand down his face, checks his clipboard then looks back at us. "One period left. Come on, let's go and show 'em whose house they're in." He says in a calm voice then he growls as he walks by me, exiting the room.

I bite my bottom lip to hold in my laughter. I walk to my stall and sit down. I'm not playing tonight which fucking sucks but the boys are playing a decently good game. If I was out there, we'd be winning 7 zip. I'm fucking sick of sitting in the stands watching, I'm itching to be out there playing.

I look to my left, look down at my lap and smile. "Holy fuck, Grey, I thought you were going to fucking piss your pants when Clutch called your ass out. 'Yes, I did, coach'" I mock Grey's previous words. I look toward Grey.

"Psssh. Shut the fuck up, Kain. The guy knows I rarely sweat on my head. I sweat everywhere else but my head." Grey says defending himself and it causes me to snicker. Boo, Myles and Luke belly laugh.

"So, where's the party tonight?" Myles asks after he towels the sweat off his head.

"My place. Fam's out of town for the weekend." Grey answers while he reties his skates.

"Hey, do you have enough razors to shave all our heads?" Luke asks and puts on his helmet.

"Fuck yeah, dude. We got 3 razors locked and loaded for tonight, boys." Grey says with a smirk on his face.

Just then Hawk comes in and says it's time for them to get back out on the ice. I glance across the room and see Scott lost in a daze. The guy has been quiet all game. He needs to wake the fuck up and remember what's on the line here. This is a big game, no time to be in la la land. Scott's back in the lineup tonight but you would barely even notice. Not only is he quiet off the ice but he's been quiet on ice too. He's barely touched the fucking puck. It's embarrassing.

The boys stand up and get ready to leave the room but I get up and go over to Scott. I grab his jersey with my left hand and hold it tight. "Scott, you have to fucking wake up, man. You look tired. Come on, man, this is your time to shine. Since I'm not on the ice right now, you have to step up and take my place. Remember, we're co-captains. When one of us is down, the other leads." I boar into his eyes.

It's not like we're losing this game but we aren't winning by much so we need to get our shit together and make some plays happen.

Scott looks at me then nods his head. "Yeah, I got it."

"Okay, good. Now, look, Zuka's the best d-man Albany has, right? But the idiot has no right. Bank it off the boards, deke around him and you're golden. The rest is yours." I tell Scott. I see the gears turning behind his eyes then it's like a lightbulb goes off and he gets what I'm saying.