Chapter 28- Fuck Valentine's Day

Well, it's happening

Well, it's happening. I'm really fucking moving back home. Fuck sakes. The apartment is pretty much empty and all packed up. I've slowly been putting my stuff in boxes all week. I had a doctors appointment on Tuesday, they just changed my bandages and examined the wounds, seeing how they're healing. The doc said my wounds healing up good. I have another check up appointment next week. I'm starting to get more mobility in my right arm so it's getting a little easier to function. My fucking arm still hurts though.

I tape the box that has some miscellaneous things in it and put it with some other boxes by the front door. The boys are coming over to help bring my stuff to my Mom's house. I still can't believe I'm moving back home. What the fuck, I haven't been here that long. It feels like I've only been living here for a week.

This is it. I do a walkthrough around the now empty apartment, checking drawers, cabinets, compartments, anywhere I would've missed. The spare bedroom is all cleared out, so is the spare bathroom. I go into my bedroom, check the nightstands, it's cleared out. I walk to my dresser and pull out the top drawer, that's also cleared. I pull out the second drawer, it's empty.

Lastly, I pull out the bottom drawer and I find that light pink sweater Ayla left behind at Taco Bell all those months ago. I pick it up and the memory hits me. That was the first taste I got of her. That was the moment I got hooked. I remember looking across the table and thinking she has no fucking idea what she's about to get herself into. But, in all honestly, I should've been thinking that for myself. I had no fucking clue that that 5 foot 4, blonde haired, blue-gray eyed girl would be this important to me. That she would make me this fucking crazy about one girl. That all my thoughts about girls and girlfriends would all change just by one measly smile from her.

Why can't I fucking get over this girl?

I turn, walk out to the kitchen and drop the sweater in the trash can but quickly take it back out and put it in one of the boxes. What? The stupid jacket as a lot of sentimental value in mine and Ayla's relationship. It's one of the few things I actually cherish.

Just then I hear a knock on the front door then it opens and closes. A few seconds later Scott appears. He looks baffled to see the state my apartment is in. When I told Scott I was moving back in with Davis, he threw a fucking fit. He lectured me about what kind of person Davis is and how horrible he can be, he was trying to talk me out of moving but I've made up my mind. I'm doing this.

"So, you're actually doing it, huh? You're giving up and moving back home." Scott says and leans on the island, in front of the fridge.

I sigh and nod my head. "Yup." Is all I say. I'm already in a pissed off mood because I'm fucking moving back home. I emancipated myself just so I wouldn't have to live with either of my parents and here I am.

"I still think this is a bad idea, Kain. You know Davis is trying to get back in your life to control you again." Scott looks at me dead serious.

"No, Scott, you're wrong. I'm doing this for me. I was fucking dumb. I was holding on to this apartment thinking that if Ayla came back then we could go back to the way things were between us. It's finally sinking that she isn't fucking coming back, so.... It's time to move on." I say thinking this is a smart move on my part.