Chapter 74- April 23rd. My birthday

I open my eyes and stare up at my ceiling

I open my eyes and stare up at my ceiling. My room is relatively dark but since my TV is on, it illuminates my room either way I have no fucking clue as to what time of day it is.

Well, I do know one thing.

Today is April 23rd.

My birthday.

I'm officially 17 years old. I mean, not officially yet. I'll really be 17 at 2:35PM. Right now, the time is... 7:30AM. Normally, I'd be at the LB arena but Spencer gave me the week off for my birthday and because I played hockey for 2 weeks straight. He says it's my birthday present from him but I think he just wants me to rest. My body has been going non-fucking-stop.

The USA hockey camp was fucking awesome. I had a great time. It was super hard work, gruelling long hours but I learned a fuck ton and had fun. They had a couple former NHLers come out and talk to us. The off-ice training was the most fucking brutal. I'm not the biggest fan of running and sprinting. It's different than being on the ice but I pushed through it and competed to the best of my ability.

At the camp, there were a lot of NHL, college, university and juniors scouts watching our every step. We weren't allowed to talk to them but it was cool knowing they were there.

I got home Sunday night around 11:30PM. And wouldn't you fucking know, Nolan somehow knew I was back and wanted to hang. I didn't have any plans and it was still kind of early so I went to the Bayou. Nolan kept watching the clock and when the clock struck midnight, he jumped up and yelled that it was my birthday week and fucking brought out some Twisted Teas. All of Nolan's delinquent friends were there.

Just the thought of drinking those almost made me fucking sick. I tried to say no but Nolan put one in my hand and told me to "Nut up buttercup and drink". I told him that I'd rather take shots than drink the Twisted so that's what we did. Or so they thought. When we'd cheers to either my birthday or something else, I'd toss the shot of vodka over my shoulder onto the ground.

I said I gave up drinking and I'm sticking to it. The thought of having a drink doesn't even cross my fucking mind. That feeling of scaring and almost injuring Ayla scared me. I will still never have a sip of alcohol. Alcohol has done nothing but ruin my damn life, and fuck if I let it hurt someone I care deeply about.

I stayed out until 8AM Monday morning. I easily snuck out while everyone was preoccupied. Everyone who was there drinking was fucking belligerent so I'm guessing they think I was just as drunk as them but nooope. My ass was sober the whole night.

But since I stayed out all night and from travelling, I was fucking exhausted so I didn't even bother going to school, I just slept the whole day.

Tuesday, yesterday, Nolan needed a ride across town from his place so he made me fucking late for school. But eventually I made it. Yesterday was such a fucking boring day. I went to school, didn't talk or look at anyone, came home, did my homework, workout for almost 4 hours, ate dinner then just hangout in my room until I fell asleep.