Chapter 9- Dalton Boy

Saturday night was pretty hectic

Saturday night was pretty hectic. I had absolutely no intentions of going to a party. I was in bed, all snuggled up, reading a book when I got a text from Ember inviting me to a party. I didn't want to and I don't like saying no to her, I'm still trying to get on Ember's good side. I mean, she isn't still mad at me but she's not like how she was before and that's what I'm working for. To go back to the way things were between us.

I met her at the address she gave me and we hungout at the party. It was fun, we talked, we laughed, I didn't drink since I drove but she had a few. Then Kain showed up. And things got crazy, one thing led to another and we got thrown in jail for a few hours. I didn't get home until seven in the morning. I told Mom that Kain needed me so I stayed the majority of the night with him. For once, Mom actually bought my story. I must be getting good at this lying thing, don't know if that's a good thing or bad.

Yesterday, I just slept and relaxed all day and now, here we are, Monday morning. I'm walking towards the front door of the school, when I hear someone call my name from behind me. I stop walking and turn around, Ardyn comes running up to me. "Hey, Scott. What's up, man." Ardyn pats me on the shoulder.

"Jeez, Ardyn, where have you been? I rarely ever see you anymore, I almost forgot you came to this school." I joke. I'll take full responsibility for not hanging out with the guys as of late. I've been so busy with school, hockey and Hazyl and the fake pregnancy. I haven't told anyone about the scare Hazyl and I had, there is no reason for me to tell anyone now, nothing is happening. That reminds me, I have to find Cooper and tell him that Hazyl is not pregnant.

Ardyn smirks and shakes his head. "Whatever, bro. So what's the latest with you?"

I adjust my book-bag strap on my shoulder and we turn and start walking. "Ah, you know. Nothing much. Same old, same old." If only you knew, I want to say but decide against it.

Just then I hear someone yell, "Heads up!"

I look over my right shoulder and see a white ball beelining right for Ardyn. I grab him by the jacket and push him out the way. The snowball cuts through the air between Ardyn and me and hits some girl on the butt. The girl whips around and I see that it's Hazyl. I jog up to her. "Hazyl, are you okay?" I ask. Hazyl completely ignores me, she has a pissed off look on her face then a masculine voice joins in.

"My bad, sweetheart."

I look to my left, there's a guy about my height standing there. He has sandy blonde hair, green eyes, total rich kid. Hazyl pushes past me and gets in the guys face. "Hey, you listen here you fucking hooligan. These are two hundred and fifty dollar jeans you just ruined..." Her face drops and the hardness she was just forcing fades. "Hey, wait a minute, you're the guy that threw the party on Saturday night." She went from mad to... annoyed?

Hazyl was at the party on Saturday? I didn't even see her. Honestly, I wouldn't of known what to do if I saw her. I'm still mad that she would fake a pregnancy to get back at me but my anger is slowly starting to diminish.