KlineCo. and Coffee

Evangeline~

It's been a week since KlineCo officially announced Ellis Jr. as their new CEO, putting the pressure on my father, to step down. The stress is getting the best of him, and he knows it.

"Angie, will you go and get me a coffee? Grab something for yourself too. Don't leave until Isaac and Perry come and get you." My father asks.

"No offense dad, but I'm nineteen years old. I don't need body guards anymore. I'm perfectly capable of
walking down the street on my own." I protest.

"You know it's for your safety." He claims.

"But I'm the only one who has them. Paige and Graham never had one, let alone two. You and mom never have one. I don't understand-"

"Evangeline, darling, I know it's confusing, but please trust me that it is for your own good. Now, go grab me a coffee, and then we need to talk." He hands me his debit card. I reluctantly take it, before being joined by Isaac and Perry in the lobby of the glass building.

"Ms. Wright, are you ready to go?" Perry questions, putting a jacket over my shoulders.

"Yes sir." I fake a smile.

The snow in New York, helps hide my face, which has been kept out of the spotlight since I was born. At first, I was truly just a rumor. Nobody believed that I was a real, living person, until I was a year and a half old.

Perry walks on my right, and Isaac on my left. I feel like them walking next to me, brings more attention, than if I were to go alone.

"This is the shop," I say, as Isaac opens the door for me.

The fresh smell of pressed coffee fills my nose. I love it. I watch as the baristas take their time to make each drink. All of them, knowing exactly what to do, how much to add, and when to take it off the press, has always been mesmerizing to me. I could sit in here for hours upon hours, just watching them make and pour coffees.

As I walk towards the counter, to order, the barista looks me up and down. I don't know what to do, so I just smile.

"What can I get started for you ma'am?" She questions.

"Can I get a Americano, and a Mint tea?" I look over at Isaac and Perry. They just shake their heads.

"Sure thing. Can I get a name for that?" The dreaded question comes out of her mouth. However, I always use the same one.

"Elizabeth." I smile. She types something into her computer, and then hands me my receipt.

"That should be done in about five minutes." She claims, scurrying over to begin the coffee.

I sit down in a chair, by the window. I was as people walk by, all rushing to hundreds of different destinations. The snow sticks to the black pavement, and I can practically feel the coldness of the air, without being outside.

"Elizabeth." A different barista calls. I pop up, as Isaac and Perry follow at my sides.

"Thank you." I say, taking the coffee and the tea from her. Isaac and Perry are quick to grab them out of my hands.

Perry opens the door for me this time.

Just as I walk out, a young man walks in. His eyes meet mine, and they lock for just a bit too long. I bump into him, causing me to loose my balance. I nearly fall, before he catches me, by my arm.

Isaac is quick to remove his hand from my arm, and push me forward to keep me walking. I stop him, and turn around, looking at the face, that seems too familiar.

"I, am so sorry." The young man says. I watch him look me up and down, just how the barista did.

"Elizabeth, we better get going," Perry claims, I ig gore the remark.

"No, I totally walked into you," I smile, looking at the watch on his wrist. It looks almost identical to the one my father wears.

"Is that a WrightLen watch?" I question. He moves his hand upward, as if he has to check the brand on it.

"WrightLen?" He questions. "That would be treason or something. It's KlineCo." The young man says, clear confusion and disgust in his tone.

"Elizabeth, we really need to get going." Perry turns me around, and forces me out of the door.

"It was nice meeting you!" I smile, walking with the force of Perry's hand on the small of my back.