I Thought You Might Call

Evangeline~

I sit at my desk, tapping my pen, wishing I could be anywhere but here at the moment.

There's only so many phone calls, and business meetings you can attend before you simply just want to die. I truly don't know how my father managed to do this for twelve years.

I look over at my clock, counting down the hours until I can go home. Then the hours until I get to see Grey.

Tonight is the night. Blake gets to wear her dress, and experience the best night of her life with Grey. I get to watch him be the best uncle.

It's like he was made to be around kids. Grey definitely has a soft spot for Blake, and she couldn't be any luckier that he does.

"Hey," I come out of my daze, as Callum walks into my office. "Did you get an email about the Gala tonight?" He asks, setting a coffee down on my best.

"I haven't checked my email in a bit. What did it say?" I question.

"Well this is good news for us, not so much for the people involved. But Ellis Jr. Kline isn't going to be going, as he and his date got into an accident about three hours ago. Which is good for us, because there was rumor that they were going to announce something big." Callum tells me.

My head spins a million miles a second, I feel sick. So sick.

More than I have in days.

The only thing I can this is "Are he and Blake okay?"

I pray to God that they are. I'm surprised I haven't received a phone call from anyone yet. Unless it was that bad, and no one wants to be the bearer of bad news.

"God, that's terrible." I manage to spit out. All I want to do is go and make sure Grey and Blake are okay. That there's no serious damage, and that, most importantly, Grey knows that I'm here for him, and I want to help him.

"Yeah." He mumbles.

"I'm sorry, I really need to make a phone call right now. Can you give me a minute?" I say.

"Of course. I'll be in my office if you need anything." He scurries out, shutting the door on his way.

Somehow, I call Grey. My hands shaking, eyes so so blurry, from the tears that I'm not able to control.

My phone rings, and rings, and rings, and rings. Then I'm told to leave him a voicemail. But I don't want to leave a voicemail. I want to talk to him. I want to see him. Touch him. Anything.

I cover my face with my hands, in efforts to hide my crying. My phone buzzes.

Grey.

"Grey, baby are you okay?" I sob into the phone.

"I thought you might call," A woman says. It's his mother.

"Oh God. It's bad, isn't it?" My voice shakes.

"He's going to be just fine honey. Just getting a few x-rays to make sure nothing is broken." She tells me.

"What about Blake? Is she okay?"

"She's just fine. No damage done."

"Thank the Lord."

"He's just getting finished with x-rays right now. Do you want to talk to him?" She asks me.

"That would be great." I say. The phone being switched between hands slightly deafens me, but I can't care at the moment.

"God I'm so glad you called," Is the first thing he says through the phone. "I was going to ask you, if you wanted to come over tonight."

"Grey are you fucking kidding me right now?! You just got in a car accident, and now you're,"

"I'm joking, I'm joking. Calm down babe. I'm just glad I can hear your voice." He sighs through the phone.

"Are you okay? Like really?"

"Doing great."

"I don't believe you."

"You don't have to. But I am."

"I'm going to come and see you right now. What hospital are you at?"

"Just find the one with all the paparazzi at it, and I'll be there." He chuckles.

"Good one. Send me your location. I'll see you in a bit. Love you."