Paparazzi

Grey~

We walk out of the Gala, heading back towards my car. Evangeline clings to my arm, and attempts to hide her face.

Paparazzi is already all over us. I wish I could say I like it, but I don't.

"Evangeline, what is it like being one of the youngest CEOs in the world?" Someone shouts, she and I just walk faster. Security guards walk on either side of us, pushing people away.

"Ellis, are you going to propose to Evangeline any time soon?" Another questions. I guide Eva to my car, and she slips in.

"Ellis, do you plan," I step into my car, and shut the door.

Evangeline's eyes are glassed over.

"Hey, it's okay." I put my hand on her thigh, trying to drive away. People crowd the car.

"Fuck, I know. I'm so emotional." She half laughs.

"It's okay. I'm so sorry about that. About them."

I navigate my way through the sea of people. Evangeline's leg bounces up and down, but I can't help but notice her tiny bump. I love it.

"Fuck, I love you." I mutter to myself.

"Hm?"

"Nothing," I smile.
• • •
I watch Evangeline as she makes her way through her apartment. So elegant and gentle with everything she does.

She slips out of her dress, switching into sweats and a sweatshirt. I cant look away. She looks stunning.

I watch as she studies herself in the mirror, moving from side to side, her hands sliding up and down her belly.

"What?" I ask her. I know exactly what she's thinking, and I hate it.

"Nothing,"

"Evangeline,"

"It's just weird," She sighs. "Knowing that there's three, things, depending on me to grow. I thought I would like the idea of that, but obviously not."

"And you're going to be amazing at it. These twins are going to be the luckiest kids in the world, because you're their mother. Because I know how much you care for others, and I absolutely adore it. I promise you, there's nothing you need to stress about."

She lays back on her bed, looking into my eyes. I desperately want to kiss her.

"Grey, I um- This topic has been coming up a lot, with a lot of people," She stutters. "and I haven't heard you say anything about it. Are we- Is this, going to be anything more than this?"

There's so much I want to say, but I can't say anything at all.

I cant tell her what I'm trying to work on to make that happen. That I'm trying to fix other things, before I can even ask.

I would make Eva mine now, if there wasn't any kind of conflict between us.

"Okay." She turns away from me.