I Want Her

Grey~

I cant stop smiling. Just thinking about seeing Evangeline after work makes me jittery.

She is my drug. I can't go more that a day without her, or I go absolutely nuts.

"Good morning sweetheart. How was your date with Evangeline?" My mother questions, walking into my office.

"Good. What are you doing in the office so early?" I ask.

"You're father wanted me to make sure you were here, since you were with Evangeline last night." She laughs, sitting down across from me.

"I see," I chuckle.

"How are things going between you guys?"

Since when was my mother so interested in my love life?

"Fine."

"You guys are getting serious, right?"

"I guess,"

"Are you two, you know,"

She wants to know about my sex life. What the fuck.

"God, what? Of course not." I lie.

"Greyland,"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because you're my son, and I want to make sure you're at least doing it safely. We don't need you bringing a life into the world anytime soon." She tells me.

But I want that. I want to have a child of my own. I want to be a father. And the only person I could ever imagine having a child with, is Eva.

"Eva and I are adults, we can make choices for ourselves. I appreciate you looking out for us, but we are okay."

"So you are?"

"Yes. Yes we are. God, this is really not a conversation I want to be having with you, while at work." I complain.

"Safely?"

"Of course. She's still so young," I'm surprised at how well the lie rolls of my tongue. "And we definitely aren't ready for that yet."

"Good." She smiles, and walks out of my office.

My heart races, and now, I want this more than I have before.

Evangeline is my person; there's nothing I can imagine that would take me away from her. So I want this. I want her.