How It Should Have Been

Grey~

Planes have really become my second home, but now, I'm sharing said home with the love of my life.

"It's been years since I've been on one of our these." She tells me. "Why am I even coming with you anyways? You haven't told me what we're going for." Evangeline laughs.

"Well, this is the thing I'm trying to do, take away a conflict. I've been thinking, what if we combine our companies?" I say, the expression on her face is, strange.

"Grey, this is millions of dollars we're talking about. Not a little shop in New York. Even attempting that could be risky." She reasons.

"I am perfectly aware of that. Eva, this" I point between her and I. "... is risky. Being in business is taking risks, and I would think you'd know that better than anyone else."

"Believe me I do. Grey, some things, you don't risk, and this is one of those things."

"If you don't risk it, how do you know it couldn't be something extravagant?" I ask her, my patience getting low.

"Some things are better as just a 'what if'."

She turns away from me, staring hundreds of feet down from the window. I walk away from her, into a different part of the plane, but still wanting to be close enough to see her.

I fidget with my fingers, anxious to say something, anything, really. Silence drives me crazy. Especially when it's between Eva and I.

"I wish you would have talked to me about this first Grey." She mutters.

"I didn't know when to. How to. With everything going on," I begin.

"I understand that. I really do, but Grey this kind of stuff, this everything, that you talk about, is important stuff. And I want to be part of that important stuff. But that can't happen if you don't communicate that kind of stuff to me, and vice versa. It goes both ways." Her voice soft, almost like a whisper. Yet so confident, and mature. She is a walking oxymoron.

"I want you to be apart of that stuff too Evangeline. I don't want to you to think otherwise. I guess, I'm just scared." I say. She looks at me in confusion. Desperation.

"Then let's talk. What's going on?"

"I want this Eva. I want you and me. I want everything we have and more. Everything that's to come. I just feel there's this barrier, this tension, between us. I'm scared that, we aren't going to be us anymore." I tell her. The one thing that's been eating away at me. Eva and I could very much be fading away from each other, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

"Grey, I want this more than anything," She stands up, taking a seat right in front of me. "I want you and I, to be well, you and I. I love you. A lot. But I agree, there has been a tension between us, and I want it to go away."

"Can I be honest with you. Completely honest?" I question. She softly nods her head.

"I really, really love you. More than I think I'm willing to admit. I love seeing you smile, holding you, watching you be so confident. I love it all. And, more than anything, I love that you're mine. I want more for us. I'm sure you know why this stupid rivalry is even a thing in the first place, and I really believe that you and I could be the stop to that. If anything," A look of confusion washes over her.

"I don't actually." She mumbles.

"Wait, really? They never told you?" I question, in utter shock.

"No. They told me not to worry about it." She says, embarrassed.

"Do you want me to tell you?"

"Yeah."

"I don't even know where to start," I nervously laugh. "In high school, our fathers were really close friends. Almost brotherly. They went to college together, went to each other weddings, and planned to start a business together. But then, they got into a stupid argument, about how they would decide who would be called what. Who'd be founder. Who'd be co-founder. That kind of shit. 13 years of friendship destroyed over a goddamn company."

"Oh my god,"

"Which is exactly what I don't want to happen to us Eva. I don't want us to break up, split apart, and hate each other for the rest of our lives, over some stupid Jewelry."

"I don't want that either. That's fucked up." She says.

"Exactly,"

"I want to do this Grey. Bring our companies together. How they should have been in the first place."