Markson

Evangeline~

My first time, at the biggest Gala in all of New York, and I don't even get to go with my boyfriend. Instead, I'm going with Callum. My parents choice boyfriend.

I wear a short sequenced dress, I picked out a while ago.

It makes me look even skinnier than I am. I cant stop looking at myself in the mirror.

"Damn girl, you look hot." Ambrosia smiles, walking into the bathroom.

"Thanks." I smile, clasping my necklace.

"You need to get going though. You're going to be late." She starts pushing me out of the bathroom, and to the door.

"I'm going, I'm going." I giggle.

"Have fun. Be safe. Say Hi to Grey for me. Don't do anything stupid!" She shouts, closing the door.

• • •

I walk in through the large glass doors. Soft music is playing, people chatter, and chatter, hundreds of different conversations, in every corner of the room.

I cling to Callums arm, as he makes his way through the crowd. I search for Grey, even if all I can do is just smile at him.

"You look amazing." Callum tells me, as we navigate through the people.

"You as well." I half lie.

We finally meet my parents, talking away with some
of our sponsoring companies.

"This must be Evangeline. You have gotten so much older." The elderly man says. He looks vaguely familiar, but I can't place a name to the face.

"Evangeline, you remember Kellen Markson, right?"

"Oh my goodness! Yes! How have you been?" I ask, hugging him.

"Just trying to keep out of trouble," He chuckles. "This must be your boyfriend." Kellen says. I cringe.

"This is Callum, he's my assistant." I correct him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Markson." Callum shakes his hand.

"As to you, Callum." He replies.

"Shall we?" Callum asks me, already leaning in the direction he wants to take me.

"Lead the way." I smile, as we walk away from my parents.