Jealousy Jealousy

Evangeline~

Grey is awake when I get up the next morning. Thank God it's a Saturday, because I would be late to work if it weren't.

"Grey," I say. My voice soft and sleepy. I move closer to him. The warmth of our bodies under the sheets. His chest still bare. It's so comfortable. So normal.

"Good Morning Beautiful." He smiles, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I had hoped you'd still be here." I smile.

"I wouldn't have left without saying anything." He tells me.

"That didn't hurt as much as I thought it might." I say. I cant look at him.

"What?" He asks, then the realization hits him. "Wait. That was your first time? Why didn't you say anything? I would have made it more special. I would have-"

I can't help but let a smile grow on my face. "It was plenty special. Don't worry about it."

"You have very low standards if you think that was special." Then my smile fades. Embarrassment and anxiety washes over me.

" Was I really bad?" I question.

"What - no - I didn't mean- I had fun. I just would have, I don't know, gone more slowly or something. Made more of an occasion of it."

"Grey, stop worrying so much. It was good. I guess I was just afraid to admit that I was still a virgin." I say.

"That's nothing to be embarrassed about Eva. And especially when it's me," He pauses. "You would have told me if I was hurting you, right?" He questions. Panic in his voice.

"Of course I would have." I smile. He relaxes.

"I'm totally about to change the topic, but um- Ambrosia said something about you being stressed with work, and your parents. Can we talk?"

"Jesus Christ. I love that girl but sometimes she doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut." I laugh.

"I always want to listen Eva."

"Work is just work. You know how it is." I tell him. "Oh my god! I have to tell you this though! My parents basically hand picked a boyfriend for me." I can't help but laugh as it comes out of my mouth. It sounds just as dumb as it is.

"What?"

"They got me an assistant. But it's not hard to guess what they're trying to do."

"Is he attractive?"

"Um.. I don't know. I guess."

"It's not a difficult question, do you think he's attractive?"

"I don't know, why does it matter?"

"It doesn't matter, you just can't answer a simple question!"

"Oh my god. You're jealous, aren't you?" I lightly scoff.

"No. I just- No."

"You totally are. Oh my fucking god," I push away from him, sitting up. "Do you really think I would give this up Grey? Tell me, do you really think I would leave you in an instant for him?" I can feel myself getting hot with anger.

"I don't know Evangeline. I really don't know. Would you?" His voice is getting angry.

"Jesus Christ Grey! I love you. Only you. Not him. Not anyone else but you!" I shout.

"What?" His voice gets softer. His eyebrows drop. His eyes soften.

"Fuck," I mumble under my breath. I run my hands through my hair, looking for a shirt.

Grey climbs off of my bed, coming up behind me, his arms wrapping around my waist.

"I love you too." He whispers into my neck, sending chills down my spine.