Park Avenue

Evangeline~

Dinner went better than expected. There's nothing more I can say about that.

What was, incredibly awkward, was when dinner finished, and we had to talk to people.

When you have no chemistry with a person you're supposed to be dating, it proves very difficult. I did everything in my power to make it seem even somewhat real, Ellis was no help. I think him and I said approximately seven words to each other in the three hours we were at this banquet.

I walk in the door of my and Ambrosias apartment. She's been abroad for the past three months, and has had little to no contact with anybody; at least that I'm aware of.

I've gotten used to the quiet of the apartment, but today the silence feels loud. My mind races with thoughts.

If this plan of ours is going to do what we want it to, Ellis and I need to get our shit together, and at least act like we like each other.

We aren't selling anything, to anyone.

I change out of my horrific dress, that I'm convinced will never look good on anybody, and slip on a pair of shorts. I exchange my bralette for no bra at all, and a sweatshirt. The custom WrightLen jewelry goes back in my jewelry box, safe and sound.

I lay back on my bed, flipping on the TV, and searching through the channels. I stop on the news. I like to see if they ever bring WrightLen up.

"Our seven day forecast shows..." I pull out my phone, and send a few texts. "... and on Friday expect a high of 45°." I yawn.

I pull open instagram, expecting to see Paige's weekly post. So far, nothing.

"Now, onto our favorite rivalry turned love." The TV catches my attention.

"Evangeline Wright, and Ellis Kline we're together at the annual Marion Banquet, which took place tonight. Many say the pair didn't say much to each other throughout the night, but others say there were all over each other. We know that two are the newest CEOs of rivalry luxury jewelry companies, WrightLen and KlineCo, but clearly that doesn't stop them from being together." A picture of Ellis and I comes up on the right side of the screen.

God we look miserable.

"There's been a lot of controversy on the topic of their relationship. Many say they are faking it, however, plenty believe that the two are in fact, in a true relationship. More on this later..." I go back to scrolling through my phone.

The one problem of being kept from the public from so long is as soon as you are even slightly open with them, they want to know everything.

From wanting my date of birth, to the exact address of my house, people want to know every exact detail. It's actually frightening.

My phone buzzes. An incoming call, from an unknown number. I take the risk, and answer it.

"Hello?" I question.

"Evangeline?" The deep voice questions. I hate to say I recognize it.

"Ellis, it's is too late for this. What?" I tiredly say.

"Sorry, I was thinking we could go get some coffee tomorrow. Possibly discuss future action, make things,"

"The coffee shop on Park Avenue, Ten o'clock. Do not be late. I'll see you then." I state, hanging up before he can say another word.

I place my phone on the night stand, and shut my eyes. My mind races, but slowly calms down, as I drift into a dreamless sleep.