Innocence

Evangeline~

Blake is the cutest human being ever. I love her innocence. How she can believe anything and not question it.

It's so refreshing, especially from all of the bs adults put up with. A young mind is so rare.

Blake is the reason I love kids. The pureness. Still loving the world and what it is for her.

Since I was probably her age, I've wanted to be a mother.

When I was thirteen, I promised myself I would be a different mother from my own. My hypothetical children, wouldn't grow up, and be forced into the family business. They wouldn't come second to the money. Or third to the numbers on the charts. They would, and, hopefully will be, my top priority.

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, and appreciate everything they've done for me. But I've always wondered what it would have been like if my parents never started WrightLen. What we would be doing. If maybe I would be living somewhere else. Studying something different. Somewhere without the stress.

But there would be parts of this life that I would miss too. I love meeting fans of mine while I'm out and about. Galas and other events are always fun too.

"Do you ever think how different everything could have been if we hadn't bumped into each other at the coffee shop?" I question.

"All the time. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't pitched the idea to fake date. If you hadn't kissed me at the Gala. All of it." He tells me.

"I wonder what future us is doing. Do you think we're still together?"

"I pray to God we are." He kisses my shoulder, putting his hand on my thigh.

"Me too." I smile.

"Why are you asking all of these things?" He questions.

"I was just thinking," I laugh.

"About?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." There's no way I'm going to admit the fact that I was thinking about hypothetical children.

"No I need to know now." He chuckles.

"Promise not to laugh?" I sheepishly say.

"I swear."

"Well I was just thinking about Blake, and her innocence, and how I adore children for that. Then started thinking about children, and then that trailed into how I don't want to raise my kids like my parents did. Which spiraled into wondering what would have happened if WrightLen had never even been a thing."

"You were thinking about having kids?" He softly smiles. "I never thought you would be one to want kids." He admits.

"God I've always wanted to be a mom. Since I was like, four."

"You'd be a great mom, ya know. Just watching you interact with Blake let me know that. And Jesus Christ was it attractive." He smiles.

"That's exactly what I was thinking when you were talking to her. Any kid is gonna be lucky to have you as a dad." I lean my head into his chest.

"Eva, I," Grey starts. He takes in a deep breath, and holds it. "It's been like, four months, I know. But every night I haven't been able to sleep. I haven't been able to go one minute without thinking about you. And, I'm not going to lie, I've always wanted to be a dad, and now I know you've always wanted to be a mom, and I just know that you and I would make the prettiest babies. Of course, I know you're
still so young, and hell I am too, but I'm ready for this if you are."

My head spins; I can't think straight.

Did I hear him right?

Am I choosing to believe something different? I wish I could rewind and play that in slow motion. Make sure I take in every word. So I can know if I'm just making up a false reality.

"Yeah." I blurt. "Yeah I am. I mean I've wanted to be a mom for so long. And you only live once right?" I smile, and try to push back tears.

"You look like you're about to cry,"

"These are happy tears. So, so happy tears." I smile into his lips, cupping my hands around his cheeks,
kissing him.