More Than Anything

Evangeline~

I fidget with the oversized ring on my finger the whole drive back to my apartment. I study Grey in the soft light of the car, making out my favorite of his features.

His jawline, the bridge of his nose, the curve of his lips, that I love.

His eyes stay focused on the road, not once looking in my direction.

"It's later." I claim, breaking the silence.

He doesn't say anything back. He doesn't do anything, but tap his finger on the steering wheel. The same finger I took his ring from.

I like the feeling of the cool metal on my skin. Something about having something of his on my body, relaxes me.

Since I was a child, I couldn't have ever imagined that I would be enjoying wearing KlineCo jewelry.
But it's from a boy, a man, who I like a little too much. Who I long to see everyday, but can't. The first person I have ever genuinely wanted to touch my body.

We come to a stop in front of the familiar building. I go to step out of the car, but Grey locks the door.

"Just- Can I walk you up?" He asks. I smile at the gesture.

"Of course." I answer. His shoulders drop, then tense again.

I am actually able to step out this time, Grey quick to grasp my hand. The warmth of it sends chills up my spine.

I lead him through the lobby, to the elevator, pressing the button, the doors opening almost immediately.

I can feel his eyes on me, as I press the 12, bringing us up.

"Can we please talk now?" I question. Again, silence.

I can feel myself starting to get frustrated. There's clearly something going on, but he won't tell me.

The elevator beeps, and the doors open. Greys hand still in mine, we walk down the hall to my apartment. I pull out my keys, unlocking the door.

"That," He points at his ring on my finger. "What's that about?" He questions. His eyes refusing to meet mine.

"Just wanted to see what it was like to wear KlineCo jewelry," I study the ring on my finger. "I have to admit, it was perfectly made." I step towards him, our bodies so close, but so far.

"I'm glad you like it," He smiles. His lips gently press against mine.

I lean against the door of my apartment, as Grey kisses me more and more.

Before I know it, I'm laying back on my bed, Greys lips moving from my lips, to my neck. I can't help but lightly moan.

"Grey," I whisper so quietly, I don't believe I actually said anything, until he immediately pulls away.

"God- Jesus, I am- I don't know," He stutters. I find it cute.

"No. No it's okay. Just- God now I can't talk," I laugh. "Does this feel, wrong to you?" I question.

"In what way?" His breath is heavy. His chest moving up and down, his body still so close to mine. I ache to run my hands against the soft outline of his abs.

"I've always been told that, Klines are the enemy. But you guys really aren't that bad. I mean you're incredible, and I love, all of this. You're parents are so kind, even if I'm running the company rival to yours. You make me feel so heard. So wanted. There's just this part of me, that screams 'what the hell are you doing?!' every time I'm with you. Kissing you. Touching any part of your body. I hate it." I tell him, his hands firm on my waist, his body on top of mine.

"I feel like that all of the time. It's all so wrong, but all so right at the same time. Everything you've ever been taught, shattered into a million piece, not able to be fixed again, even if you tried. Then feeling like you're on top of the world. Like it's just you and I." He softly smiles.

"Exactly like that." I whisper. And just like that, I long for his lips to be against mine. Grey is the only other person in this world, who can understand exactly how I feel. And, whether I want to admit it or not, I love Grey. More than anything.