Speechs

Evangeline~

In three minutes, I'll be making a public statement, on what will be coming next for WrightLen. Nobody is going to see it coming, especially KlineCo. Which is good, because it will throw them off guard, along with their sales.

"Evangeline, fix your dress." My mother says, her voice stern.

"What's wrong with it?" I question, pulling it up.

"There. It was sitting far too low." She claims.

I disregard the last comment. It bothers me when my parents continue to act like I'm still in high school.

That was an even bigger nightmare than it is now.

"Evangeline, your up. Let's go." Isaac puts his arm out, and I wrap mine around it.

I look around. Hundreds of reporters pile in front of me. Cameras flash from every which way, and I can't make out a single word anyone is saying. Isaac leads me through this crowd, to where I will be speaking.

For nineteen years, Ive constantly been told to hide my face. Now, Im on public display for everyone. It's a huge change, Im now realizing I may not be ready for.

"I am saddened to announce that I will be stepping down from the position of CEO. However, we are all pleased to announce, the new CEO of WrightLen. Please, give your warmest welcomes to my daughter, Evangeline Wright."

Cheers erupt. Cameras flash as my father hugs me. It's a sea of commotion, that I'm watching from above. The waves won't get to me.

"I am so, incredibly thankful to have this opportunity, to be here, and to now be representing WrightLen." People cheer. I keep a smile pinned on my face. "As the new CEO of WrightLen, I want to give the people, what they want. By doing this, not only I, but the entire company, hope to bring satisfaction to our customers." So many people, all looking at me. My words will be plastered all over the internet in just minutes. My face will be on every big social media page.

"As CEO, I want to make a promise to my customers. I will always choose what is best for the company, and what is best for our future." I finish my speech.

A man I don't recognize walks over to the microphone.

"Evangeline will be taking questions at this time." He says, and walks away. I could have said it myself.

I notice a young woman, probably in her mid twenties raise her hand. Someone rushes over to her, and gives her a microphone.

"What is it like being the CEO of WrightLen at such a young age? Do you think there are going to be disadvantages due to your age?" She questions.

"I won't lie, it's definitely not something I would have ever expected. But, I think that since I'm so young, I can make sure WrightLen is being advertised to every age group." I smile. People
applaud.

The next question comes from a man, much older than me.

"What do you believe will be the next step in WrightLens future?"

"I can't make any comment on that, but just know that big things are coming." I claim.

After at least thirty minutes of just answering questions, we are finally wrapping up.

"There have been rumors of you, and Ellis Jr. meeting at a coffee shop. Is that true?" She questions. I knew it would be brought up at some point.

"I am unable to say anything regarding the statement. However, we have been in very close contact with KlineCo members, in regards of the situation." I say. We need it down just as much as they do.

The final question comes from a young woman, who must be around my age.

"Do you think that your rivalry with KlineCo will ever come to an end? If so, do you plan on ending it during your time as CEO?" She questions. Honestly, it's been something i've been thinking about too.

"As of right now, I do not believe that the rivalry between WrightLen and KlineCo will be coming to an end any time soon. We will have to see what the future brings." I finish. I am thoroughly exhausted.

I'm escorted off the stage by Isaac, and am met by my father behind.

"That was great Evangeline . That truly will be the hardest part of your career as a CEO, but you'll get better and better each time." He smile, and wraps me in a tight hug.