Changes

Evangeline~

Two boys, and one little girl. I'm overjoyed. This isn't something I ever could have imagined, but it doesn't make me any less happy about it.

"Can you believe it?" Grey asks me, taking his place beside me on his bed.

"Believe what?" I question.

"Three kids. Two boys. One girl." He says.

"It's crazy. For sure. But I'm excited. I'm excited, and overwhelmed, and scared, all at the same time, because we are hurdling towards this," I rub my belly. "Quicker than I could have ever imagined. So many things are going to be changing in the next few months, and I'm ready for it. But I'm scared. I'm scared of the possibility of anything going wrong." I tell him, tears well up in my eyes for no reason.

"I can't promise you anything, because nothing is ever predictable, but I have a pretty strong feeling that everything is going to be okay." He grasps my hand, pulling it up to his lips, placing a delicate kiss on the back of it. "I'm going to be with you, every step of the way. We're going to do this together. I swear."

I step off of Greys bed, and into the bathroom, just beside it.

"I know it's been a really long week, but there's this Banquet on Friday, and I love seeing you all dressed up, so do you think you could come with me?" I ask him, lifting up my shirt, admiring my belly.

"Of course darling. What color do you want to wear?" He questions, walking over to me, wrapping his arm around me.

"I was thinking deep red, if that's okay with you." We study ourselves in the mirror. He runs his hands over my belly, down to my hips, slides them up my arms, grasping my face, so, so gently in his hands, that I feel so safe. So safe in his presence, under his touch, feeling his breath on the back of my neck.

"That sounds perfect. Do you need a dress, because I would love to take you." He mutters into my lips. He tastes like sweet peppermint, and I crave for more. I crave him.

"I do, and I would love for you to come." I smile, my hands gently resting on his chest. I have to keep myself from kissing him.

"Perfect."

I walk back over to his bed, laying down, a deep sigh escaping my mouth.

"Evangeline," At this exact moment, I realized that he hasn't called me by my full name, directly towards me, in weeks. And oh how I've missed it. The syllables roll of his tongue so perfectly it drives me insane.

"Hm?" I hum.

"I was thinking," He starts, sitting next to me, rubbing my thigh. "You know, with three babies coming along, I just thought- I was thinking about getting a new place. One closer to good schools, with a nice yard, more space, in a safer neighborhood..." He stutters, as if he's nervous to be telling me this. "... and I don't like you living so far from me. It scares me. Like something may happen and I won't be able to make it there until it's too late... what I'm trying to get at is, I want you to move with me. I've already been looking at houses, and I found one I think you'd like. It's close to the hospital, has tons of space, and close to one of the best schools around." He smiles, his face so red, embarrassment, desperation, and pleading, all come out, just through his eyes.

"Grey, I would love to. Absolutely love to." I tell him.

He smiles at me, mutters something I don't quite understand, and then, and only then, does he ask "Can you have sex, while you know, you're this far along?"

"I don't see why not. My bump might get in the way, but I can't think of any reasons we couldn't. Why?"