Makes Me Crazy

Evangeline~

Yes, I messed up.

No. I can't take it back.

But there's something about his lips on mine, his body so close to me, the way his hands fit perfectly in mine, that makes me crazy.

I cant. I can't do that.

It takes everything in me to not call him. Tell him that maybe we could take things beyond fake dating.

Rose should be back any day. To say I'm excited to see her is an understatement. She's been my best friend since our freshman year of high school.

She never saw me as a Wright, she saw me as Evangeline Flowin. There was nothing different about me. At least in her eyes.

When she told me she was moving half way across the world for three months, I thought that maybe she wouldn't come back. It was her way to escape me, without hurting my feelings.

But when I got a text from her, two days ago, saying that she would be home sometime this week, I knew that meant celebrating.

I make sure the apartment is clean. Her room is made, and untouched since January. So much has
changed since I saw her last.

I'm CEO, she turned 20, I have a fake boyfriend now, and she's been doing what she loves.

What if we've both changed too much?

I pace around. Now I'm nervous. We have never been this far apart for this long. So much can, and did, change in such a short amount of time.

It's me and Rose, we are going to be fine.

I pull my phone out, and call Grey. My attitude right now is, fuck it.

"I was wondering when you were going to call." He laughs that infectious laugh through the phone.

"I never say something and don't follow through with it." I claim. "Anyways, I was going to talk to about last night."

"I was wanting to as well. Listen, I don't know what got into me," He starts.

"No no no, I want to have that conversation in person. I just wanted to say thank you, for inviting me." I managed to mumble.

"Oh, yeah, right. You're welcome. My parents love you, just so you know." He kind of laughs. I don't know how to interpret that.

"WrightLen has a event happening next week. Just a release of new products and stuff. You are more than welcome to come."

"I'll check my calendar. I'll let you know asap. I would love to though." He says.

"Just let me know. And, let's do dinner tomorrow night." I mention.

"Alright." He says, and I hang up.

I toss my phone from my hand, to the light grey couch, carful to not let it hit the glass coffee table like it did last time. Somehow it didn't shatter.

Part of me wants to tell Gray the truth. He deserves to know how I feel. If this is ever going to do anything for either of us, we have to communicate, even about the little things.

On the same page, I can't jeopardize whatever we have right now. I already put us on the brink of collapse last night when I couldn't keep my lips to myself.

I would never mention it to him, but I know Gray and his father got in an argument about it in the bathroom at the Gala. I wanted to defend him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, and I don't know why.