Grow Up

Grey~

After a week of events, Im taking a break. Oliver invited me on a short vacation with his small family, however, I declined.

I have plenty of stuff that I need to do, but my job was getting in the way of that.

There's changes I want to make in my life, one of them being that I want to start acting more mature.

For months now, I've wanted to move out of my apartment, into a house. So, that's exactly what Im going to do.

Not that I necessarily need a house, because it's just me, myself, and I, but that I want one. Plus, I think my parents are happy about this.

They've been nagging me to "grow up" since I finished college, four years ago. I'm finally taking action.

Not to mention, they want me to, settle down, a bit. Find myself a "real girl" as they say, to start a family with.

They have not the slightest clue that Evangeline and I are dating, and I plan to keep it that way, for as long as I can.

When we're supposed to be rivals, opponents if you will, there's an unwritten rule, that we can't date, let alone "settle down" together.

Now that I think about it, I haven't heard anything from Evangeline since Monday, nearly a week ago.

I didn't know how stressed she felt. I thought she had everything together. I don't know what the final straw was, but it broke, as did she. I comforted her in the best way I could, but I was probably no help.

If there's one thing I've learned about Evangeline in these last two months, is that she is incredibly deceiving. Her way of not showing anything, while showing everything at the same time, is both a blessing, and a curse.

Part of me wants to check up on her. Make sure that she's doing okay. If there's anything I can do to help. I've been in these situations before, and I'm sure the last thing she wants is someone who's practically a stranger, asking her all about her problems.

I don't know how people do it. What am I missing, that everyone else just gets? I want Evangeline to know I care, without seeming clingy.