Thats My Son

Grey~

KlineCo. is expanding. More than I ever thought it could. However, that means business trips every week. Which means that I won't be able to see Eva often.

It's only been two days since I saw Evangeline, and I miss her more than ever.

"Grey, there's an event this week. Do you think you can fit that into your schedule?" My father questions.

"I already had it on there. It's the annual Gala right? All of the big companies basically go and get drunk." I laugh, signing out of my computer.

"Yes. That one. We would be more than happy to have Evangeline join us."

I still haven't told them yet. I don't know if I can.

"Isn't this something she'll already be at, since it's a New York based Gala?" I ask, trying to steer away from the topic.

"I suppose that's probably true. You and Evangeline are really selling this to the public. They love you two together." He smiles, patting me on the shoulder.

"We need to talk." I blurt, motioning for him to take a seat.

"About?" He asks, making himself comfortable.

"Evangeline and I decided to, break it off." I spit. The lie slips right through my lips.

"Oh,"

"Her parents were getting worried about her falling for a Kline. For, i'm sure, pretty obvious reasons. They wanted her to find someone to settle down with." I tell him. This time, I'm telling the honest truth.

"That's what your mother and I were worried about. But you seem to have kept your professionalism."

"I wouldn't want to jeopardize anything." I manage to smile.

I cant mention the fact that I love it when her hands are on my body, and her lips are meeting mine. That it wasn't just two days ago that she and I were all over each other.

"That's my son." He smiles, and walks out of my office.

I pray to God that Evangeline is at this event. That I can at least see her. Possibly talk to her. Anything.