Meeting The Boyfriend

Grey~

We walk into the restaurant, everything a blur. The only thing that stands out, is Evangeline's lips against mine.

"Ambrosia I am so, so sorry. I must have lost track of time," Evangeline apologizes.

"While you were kissing Mr. Kline over here?" She questions. My stomach drops.

"What? No. No we weren't,"

"Then I guess Grey enjoys wearing lipgloss." Ambrosia smirks.

Oh my god.

Evangeline looks over at me, those blue eyes of hers, so hard to not stare into. I long to kiss her again.

"He does look pretty good with it on." She smiles at me. I don't know whether I should laugh, or defend myself.

"Wait, where's Isaac?" Evangeline asks, unknowingly putting her hand in mine.

"He ran to the bathroom." She tells us. Only moments later does a tall, red haired, freckle covered man, walk out of the bathroom towards us.

"You must be Evangeline. I've heard so much about you. I know I am so late on this, but congratulations on your step up to CEO." The man shakes Evangeline's hand, for what I feel is too long.

"It's amazing to meet you as well. Rose over here is head over heels for you." Evangeline smiles again. So fucking infectious.

"Grey, right? I've heard about you as well. Also congrats to you on your step up." He shakes my hand, for much less time than he did Evangeline's.

"Our table is over here." Ambrosia motions us to follow her. We walk into a small room, four chairs sit around a square table, of what I believe is oak.

I pull Evangeline's chair out for her, taking her purse, and setting it around the back of her chair.

"Thanks Grey." She softly smiles.

"Of course." I say, sitting down next to her, my hand taking a place on her thigh. She tenses at my touch; I take my hand off. Her eyes meet mine, and I put it back. She relaxes this time.

"So remind me of how you two met." I say, trying to make conversation.

"I dont know if Angie told you," there's that nickname. "But I was on my way to Africa, and this boy sat down beside me. The rest was history. Surprisingly, we found out, that we only live about two hours away from each other." I watch as he grabs her hand, squeezing it tight. The smile on her face says it all.

"That's so cute!" Evangeline voices, smiling at her happy friend.

Evangeline places her hand atop of mine, running her fingers across my thumb. She touches the rings on my fingers, KlineCo, as always. Her hands make their way to my watch, feeling the texture of the band. Then back down to my fingers, taking a ring off of my index.

What surprises me more than her just taking it off, is that she put it on.

KlineCo, on a Wright. This must be a dream. I pinch myself, just to make sure I'm awake.

All she does is smile at me, and her cheeks turn a light pink. I try to keep my cool, but my stomach is full of butterflies and my hands want to touch her body. My lips feel like they are being pulled towards Evangeline, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

"Ambrosia tells me that you're originally from South Africa. Is there a reason you went back, or just for a get away?" Evangeline questions. Her voice shaking just enough that I notice.

"I was going back to see my parents. I was only supposed to be there for about a week," He looks over at Ambrosia and smiles. "Until I met this doll, and got to know her. I stayed for three months after that."

"And since then, him and I have been learning so much about each other." He leans over and kisses her cheek.

Evangeline moves my hands further up her thigh. My heart is pounding so hard in my chest, Im convinced that she can see it.

"Fuck," I mumble under my breath. She just moves my hand up more and more.

"... my parents absolutely adored her the first time they met her..." I blank that he was even talking. I'm trying to keep myself together. My thoughts, proper.

"I'm so sorry, can you please excuse me for just a minute?" I question, although I don't wait for a response.

I gently remove my hand from her upper thigh, and walk towards the bathroom. Heads turn my way, but I don't care. A part of me wishes that Evangeline would follow me, but she won't.

There's something about her, that drives me out of my mind. Everything she does, is so attractive. There's nothing I've seen her do, that makes me want her any less.

"You alright?" A text from Evangeline. I cant even reply to that. What do you say to that?

"We'll talk later." Is all I can think of to reply.